Whats a good cheap bike for freeriding?

James.xv
James.xv Posts: 22
edited August 2008 in MTB buying advice
hi can any1 tell me a good cheap bike for freeriding?

Comments

• Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    Do you actually know what sort of bike you want?

You've posted 'what bike can I get cheap' in Street, Jumping & freeriding sections of the forum.

Good & cheap never go together, cheap = crap, good = expensive :roll:
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • James.xv
    I reli dont know! I just want a bike which can jump and street ride without costing the earth as i dnt earn tht much a week! So any ideas the giants very good but too good 4 me i will wanna upgrade wen i get better so reli just a partice bike! Any ideas?
  • whats your budget?
  • Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    Judging by all his other posts £200

http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopi ... highlight=
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • James.xv
    could squeeze up 2 £250
  • gt chucker 3.0?? think i seen the 2007 model around for about £300??

£250 Here
  • jammieeeee
    jammieeeee Posts: 389
    save up some more money and buy bike that will last longer than a day!
  • Keep an eye on bike sales sites on the net. Theres some vast discounts to be had on 06 and 07 model bikes. But seriously, don't buy cheap, it doesn't last.
  • Here's a suggestion. Try Ebay and buy your bike in parts. You can pick a Voltage frame (proper jump frame) or similar for probably around £100. Your spraying your whizz cans on it so it doesn't matter about scuff marks etc. Forks are worth next to nothing on Ebay so do your homework and find the forks you want and get biding. As you earn you add/upgrade. By next year, your bike will be the bomb. Or listen to the others, wait and save and pick up a half decent jump bike for £300 that will last more than one sh*tty mud kicker. Happy shopping dude. Need any help, just ask.
  • Here's a suggestion. Try Ebay and buy your bike in parts. You can pick a Voltage frame (proper jump frame) or similar for probably around £100. Your spraying your whizz cans on it so it doesn't matter about scuff marks etc. Forks are worth next to nothing on Ebay so do your homework and find the forks you want and get biding. As you earn you add/upgrade. By next year, your bike will be the bomb. Or listen to the others, wait and save and pick up a half decent jump bike for £300 that will last more than one sh*tty mud kicker. Happy shopping dude. Need any help, just ask.