Old Trek 6700 - what year is it?

gandhi
gandhi Posts: 187
edited August 2008 in MTB general
Hi all,

I've finally replaced my old MTB (woo hoo), and now I need to get rid of it. I'd like to know what year it is so I can advertise it accurately. If any one would like to give it a rough value, feel free, it's in decent condition and has been well looked after.

It's totally stock, apart from replacing broken bits (front and rear mech etc) with bits of a similar standard. It's mostly deore, with a couple of LX bits. It has RockShox Judy forks. It's a v-brake model. It is red if that helps to age it?

So, can any one help me?

Comments

• birchy
    birchy Posts: 309
    try checking the bike archives on www.trekbikes.co.uk :wink:

just had a look for you not on trek bike (only goes back to 2003) but i did a google search and wrote in 'trek rock shock judy' and a few came up with a few from the year 2000 hope this helps
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Going to need pics and a better spec list/description.
  • gandhi
    Thanks guys, I found it, I think it's from 1999 / 2000 (oldest possible). So what do you think it's worth? It's in good condition, but I think I'd be lucky to get £100 for it.

It's probably a good one to sell to a mate for less than it's worth, and hope to get them hooked.
  • Yeti575
    Yeti575 Posts: 291
    Advertise it on the classifieds for £100 as a hack bike. Some folk may be in the same position as me and have a really expensive main bike and need a hack when they pop to the shops etc.
    If it's not a Yeti, it's not worth riding!
  • birchy
    birchy Posts: 309
    just like yeti said keep it for the shops etc thats what i use my old 6000 for and the top fuel for riding
  • gandhi
    Cheers all.

I think I'll try to sell it as a hack bike. It has served me well though, so I'll be sad to see it go. It isn't worth keeping it for my self, as it'll never be ridden - I have an old road bike for riding around town.