Tricross Single??

meagain
meagain Posts: 2,331
edited August 2008 in Road general
Anyone got one?

I'd just about decided to buy a NEW one (subject to selling a few others!), until I researched the geometry. The front-centre on the 54cm version is slightly greater than on the 54 Langster, BUT with bigger tyres and 'grds I suspect that will have toe-overlap - sort of acceptable on a tarmac fixed but distinctly iffy on an off-roader IMO/E.

Any first hand experiences out there?

Thanks.
d.j.
"Cancel my subscription to the resurrection."

Comments

• steverile
    steverile Posts: 514
    Hello - As mentioned in the Pompino thread, I get toe overlap and don't find it a real problem. A bit more so on slow more techie stuff off road, than on road. But not a biggie. Don't know specifically about the Tricross - friends of friends seem to be too busy grinning to mention it being a problem.
  • meagain
    I agree not really a problem on s/s but I don't like it much on a fixed. Just a coward I guess!
    Thanks.
    d.j.
  • BUICK
    BUICK Posts: 362
    If the tricross single has the same geometry as the geared tricross then I can say with certainty that mine doesn't have problems with toverlap - I do suffer it on the langster, but it's never actually caused a problem; just a minor fright the first time I noticed it. I've messed about with the limits of the overlap while trackstanding and doing slow manouevres and it's not enough to upset my balance and you tend to adjust slow manouevres to a pedal rhythm that avoids it.

But anyway, not an issue on the tricross!
    '07 Langster (dropped one tooth from standard gearing)
    '07 Tricross Sport with rack and guards
    STUNNING custom 953 Bob Jackson *sigh*
  • meagain
    Thank you, Buick. I don't seem to notice it (if it exists! - depends on feet size and position I guess) on my Langster, so Tricross sounds as if OK (altho' I think 175 cranks on an off-tarmac fixed is a bit silly).
    d.j.
  • I just manged to get toe overlap on my friends 54cm, But that was very slight and its because my friend has 175mm cranks, bigger tyres and anyway I need a 56cm.
    jedster wrote:
    Just off to contemplate my own mortality and inevitable descent into decrepedness.
    FCN 3 or 4 on road depending on clothing
    FCN 8 off road because I'm too old to go racing around.