Holiday reading

Harry B
Harry B Posts: 1,239
edited July 2008 in The bottom bracket
Off on our hols next week :D

Anyone got any suggestions for some holiday reading? Preferably cycing related.

Comments

• Nuggs
    Nuggs Posts: 1,804
    Do a search of Cake Stop - lots of cycling-related literature has been discussed.

I'd recommend The Rider by Tim Krabbe and The Beautiful Machine by Greame Fife.

For non-cycling books - anything by Haruki Murakami will knock your socks off... :)
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    Nuggs wrote:
    For non-cycling books - anything by Haruki Murakami will knock your socks off... :)

Especially the Wind Up Bird Chronicle - it's a complete head f**k. But in a good way. :D
  • Nuggs
    Nuggs Posts: 1,804
    Coriander wrote:
    Nuggs wrote:

Especially the Wind Up Bird Chronicle - it's a complete head f**k. But in a good way. :D
    Agreed - awesome book!
  • iainment
    iainment Posts: 992
    Just finishing In search of Robert Millar by Richard Moore. Highly recommend this.
    Old hippies don't die, they just lie low until the laughter stops and their time comes round again.
    Joseph Gallivan
  • Im with iainment on this...just finished it and its one of the best written cycling books ive read..well worth a look
  • Sun Dodger
    Sun Dodger Posts: 393
    My holiday selection -

One More Kilometer and we're in the Showers - Tim Hilton.

Also another vote for Put Me Back on the Bike & The Rider....
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    another non-cycle book ...sorry....

The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini is superb
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • robmanic1
    robmanic1 Posts: 2,150
    I'm desperately trying to save "Thunder and Sunshine" by Alistair Humphreys for my hols in a week or two having just finished the first book "Moods Of Future Joys". Great read.
    Also "Discovery Road" is a book I never tire of "plugging" (4 reads and counting!)>
    Pictures are better than words because some words are big and hard to understand.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34335188@N07/3336802663/
  • Parsnip49
    Parsnip49 Posts: 205
    Cycling wise - Its not about the bike by LA
    Yes its a book about lance written by lance which many will hate, but i found it inspirational and a surprisingly well written book.

Non cycling related:
    The white spider - Heinrich Harrer (sp?)
    Book about the north face of the Eiger, you might need to be a climber to enjoy it, but its a bloody good read.

Anything by Cristopher Brookmire - the sacred art of stealing is pure genius and not too heavy - ideal holiday reading.