Fork / hub compatability

David Lund
David Lund Posts: 602
edited July 2008 in MTB general
Just a quick question, iv just recieved my spanking new Fox 36 Van 08 forks :D and was just confirming that the '20QR system' they use, will work with a hub such as the Hope Pro ll?
Any info or other hub recomendations would be great thanks
Dave

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    as long as you get the 20mm kit for the hub yes.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • David Lund
    Thanks, so if i ordered this one...

http://www.bikeoutlet.co.uk/products/Ho ... 80-32.html

would i just order the '20mm bolt thru' option or is there a seperate conversion kit?
  • nicklouse
    order the 20mm one.

But who is building the wheel?

justy order the wheel witha 20mm hub. andi would use Cycle heaven for the parts and build.

Or the one just over from the chippy by one of the gates.

thats the one Cycleworks.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • David Lund
    Iv already got a decent wheel so il just take the wheel and the hub to the LBS and get it done there (fairly cheep)
    Im ordering the hub myself as the LBS always order stuff at RRP so id be spending more money.
  • nicklouse
    so they will be getting the spokes for you. and then unbuilding the old wheel and then re using the old rim?

sell the old wheel and get new every thing it will work out cheaper that having a spare hub and some useless spokes.
  • David Lund
    Yes thats an idea but im not sure its worth enough to give me enough money to buy a full new wheel. the front hub is in good condition so i may be able to sell that or if not a friend could do with one.
    Thanks for the help anyway Nick