mountain biker turned road rider

mr_malcolm
mr_malcolm Posts: 75
edited August 2008 in Road beginners
i have always been in to mountain bikes for as long as i can remeber, but i started working in my LBS a little while ago and have just bought myself an 07 claud buttler san remo.
so far im loving it, it has cut my journy time in half to and from work wish is almost a perfect 50/50 split up hill downhill.
so i just thought i would stop by this part of the forum and say hi, might see a few of you about.

Comments

• FSR_XC
    FSR_XC Posts: 2,258
    I prefer to think of myself as a mountainbiker with a road bike.

Love the road bike - use it to commute, regularly do 20-40mile runs and use it for sprint triathlons. I love the speed & acceleration . . . .

but . . . .

There's no substitute for sliding around a bit of singletrack and decending a loose rocky hillside.

Look, now I bet I'll get banished back to the MTB forum!
    Stumpjumper FSR 09/10 Pro Carbon, Genesis Vapour CX20 ('17)Carbon, Rose Xeon CW3000 '14, Raleigh R50

http://www.visiontrack.com
  • idaviesmoore
    idaviesmoore Posts: 557
    Look, now I bet I'll get banished back to the MTB forum!

Be Gone From Here, mudsucker :wink:
    'How can an opinion be bullsh1t?' High Fidelity
  • Jon8a
    Jon8a Posts: 235
    There are quite a few people who would consider themselves mtbers but dabble on the road. Sometimes it's just easier, always different and it's still bikes.
  • Rich Hcp
    Rich Hcp Posts: 1,355
    I'm a roadie with a mountain bike.

No, I'm a MTBer with a roadie

oh, I don't know.

OK, I have both, I love the open road and speed on my roadie and I love charging round dirt things on my MTB.
    Richard

Giving it Large
  • Steve_b77
    Steve_b77 Posts: 1,680
    Yup me too, I'm a mountain biker with a road bike for training and something to do when I work away from home and there's not much in the way of off road stuff
  • Steve_b77 wrote:
    Yup me too, I'm a mountain biker with a road bike for training and something to do when I work away from home and there's not much in the way of off road stuff

You know, I've always wondered whether I should get a MTB. Some of the really good racers I know swear by mountaing biking in the winter. They feel it improves their handling and their fitness for pre season.

I just can't imagine riding one on the road (the analogy of driving a Land Rover when you've been used to a Porsche springs to mind) and I'm not sure whether I could be ar@ed sticking one on a rack and driving to a course.

Answers on a postcard :D (sorry for hijacking the post BTW :shock: )
    'How can an opinion be bullsh1t?' High Fidelity
  • yup and an another here slowly getting into road. I used to live in the breacon beacons so road never got a look in, but since I'm now London way to mtb requires a fair potch to get to hills and back. Before I just road out of the back gate onto the hills.
  • Ambermile
    Ambermile Posts: 117
    My name is Arthur and I have ridden a mountain bike for ages... no, wait.

My name is Arthur and I bought a hybrid bike a while back... no, wait again.

My name is Arthur and I just bought a road bike... no, dammit!

My name is Arthur and I ride bikes. Yup, that'll do 8)

Arthur
    The Beastie

Sic itur ad astra
  • trio25
    trio25 Posts: 300
    I just think of myself as a cyclist. I ride both and time spent so far on them is about 50/50. I'm lucky I have good road riding and good mtb riding straight from my front door.