Regent's Park Outer Ring

markorm
markorm Posts: 89
Hi!

I've had a look and honestly I have, I've searched and browsed and looked through all the posts! Couldn't find anything so here goes!

What's the best time to lap the outer ring on Regents park.

Do cyclinsts usually pick the evening or morning, I need a long run out this weekend and Regents park is the closest and most convenient.

Cheers!

:D

Comments

• richa
    richa Posts: 1,631
    markorm wrote:
    I need a long run out this weekend and Regents park is the closest and most convenient.
    It's only 2.1 miles long!

Doesn't it also have 4 sets of traffic lights? Could make a big difference time lap times...
    Rich
  • markorm
    Oh rubbish, 4 sets of traffic lights!

hmm, no I'm not trying for lap times, just the best time of day to go :O)
  • Toks
    Toks Posts: 1,143
    markorm wrote:
    Hi!

I've had a look and honestly I have, I've searched and browsed and looked through all the posts! Couldn't find anything so here goes!

What's the best time to lap the outer ring on Regents park.

Do cyclinsts usually pick the evening or morning, I need a long run out this weekend and Regents park is the closest and most convenient.

Cheers!

:D
    Is that what is the best time of day to do laps around RP? or what is the best lap time? To the former question early mornings is best - before 7.30am. To the latter if you can do lap times in 7mins 30 secs (approx 20mph) thats pretty good going, especially if your not physically trashed by the effort. Be careful with ligts - police occassionally stop you. I think the lap distance is 2.7miles
  • markorm
    Before 7:30 :shock:

OK.

Thanks!