"Cycle the Wight" GPS route?

Gary D
Gary D Posts: 431
I am doing the "Cycle the Wight" round the Isle of Wight charity ride in September.

Just wondered if anyone had the route already plotted in Garmin GPS format that they would be prepared to send me? :lol::lol:

I have got the map from the organisers but it is proving very difficult to follow in certain areas. I understand the route doesn't change from year to year. I am planning to start the ride from Ryde :roll:

Anyone help?
Thanks,
Gary.
Oh and I feel like I've been raped by an Orangutan :shock: And I've got legs like Girders :lol:

Comments

• Cunobelin
    Cunobelin Posts: 11,792
    Same route as the Randonee:

YERTIZ! on Bikely

The format is "GPX" which is a common upload to Garmin (there are problems with EDGE series)

What software are you using?
    <b><i>He that buys land buys many stones.
    He that buys flesh buys many bones.
    He that buys eggs buys many shells,
    But he that buys good beer buys nothing else.</b></i>
    (Unattributed Trad.)
  • Gary D
    Thanks very much Cunobelin,

Unfotunately I am using an Edge 305 with Garmin Training Centre V3.3.4. :shock:

However, I have a gpx to crs conversion utility program which seems to have worked. I will have a play around with it.

Thanks,
    Gary

PS Are you doing the ride?
    Oh and I feel like I've been raped by an Orangutan :shock: And I've got legs like Girders :lol:
  • Gary D
    Result! :D:D

I have managed to import it in to Bikeroutetoaster, make one or two changes, and export it back again.

The only area that is not clear is getting through Cowes and the one way system? That is one of the spots I was struggling with from the original map.

Gary.
  • danseur
    danseur Posts: 70
    Last year the route was well signposted (and there was a constant stream of bikes to follow).

It reverses direction each year. Best to be aware of this if you are relying on last year's route through the one way system!
  • danseur
    Last year the route was well signposted (and there was a constant stream of bikes to follow).

It reverses direction each year. Best to be aware of this if you are relying on last year's route through the one way system!
  • danseur
    (Just in case you didn't hear me the first time).

:wink: