I managed to ride the rollers properly last night.

whyamihere
whyamihere Posts: 7,700
edited July 2008 in The bottom bracket
My second proper session of 30 minutes, and for the last 10 minutes I had both hands on the bars, spinning along with no problems. The feeling of elation when you finally get up is comparable to learning to ride in the first place, making it (in my opinion) much more fun than a turbo trainer.

Comments

• popette
    popette Posts: 2,089
    whyamihere wrote:
    My second proper session of 30 minutes, and for the last 10 minutes I had both hands on the bars, spinning along with no problems. The feeling of elation when you finally get up is comparable to learning to ride in the first place, making it (in my opinion) much more fun than a turbo trainer.

:D
    Well done! I've just gone through the same experience. I bought the rollers last year but after a few attempts I gave up, finding it too difficult. I tried again last week and after 6 minutes I managed to let go of the wall. I went off the edge after 18 minutes but managed to get back on and finish 25 minutes. On Monday I managed the full 30 minutes without falling off. It was a bit more than 30 as I took a while to pluck up the courage to let go off the handlebar and grab the wall again.

I agree, more fun than turbo.
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,700
    I nearly lost it when my brother walked in to get a drink, causing a momentary distraction, but I think that the fear of making a fool of myself kept me up better than anything else could.
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    whyamihere wrote:
    for the last 10 minutes I had both hands on the bars
    Just you wait until you can ride 'em with no hand on the bars - takes a bit of practice but if I can do it........................ :)
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    Congrats whyamihere..

In no time at all you will be able to sit up and ride without any hands like bronzie said.. I find riding the rollers give you a bit more upper body strength then if you were just pounding away on a turbo..
    cartoon.jpg