gear problems- tyre problems

decklan1994
decklan1994 Posts: 35
edited July 2008 in MTB beginners
im having a problem the gears on my appollo fs26s.e arent working properly when i try to change the gears become really stiff but the gear changer is really lose do i need a new gear cable or a new gear shifter. i want to fit wider tyres to my appollo fs26s.e i want to go up to 26,2.35 is this possible :D

Comments

• FSR_XC
    FSR_XC Posts: 2,258
    Cables & make sure the front & rear mech is clean, oiled & set up correctly.

As for tyres - how big of a gap do you have between the chainstays?
    Stumpjumper FSR 09/10 Pro Carbon, Genesis Vapour CX20 ('17)Carbon, Rose Xeon CW3000 '14, Raleigh R50

http://www.visiontrack.com
  • Surf-Matt
    Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
    Hey Mark - totally irrelevant but just heard your boss of Radion Cornwall!
  • FSR_XC
    FSR_XC Posts: 2,258
    Surf-Matt wrote:
    Hey Mark - totally irrelevant but just heard your boss of Radion Cornwall!

Yep.

Great story that got him involved:
    Aparently all people looking for work in Cornwall are lazy, backward, interbread, dress funny and are generally stupid. Or that's what a national newspaper article said.

Did a great bit of plugging the company too.

I never thought anyone listened to Radio Cornwall. Have had quite a few people comment about it to me though.
    Stumpjumper FSR 09/10 Pro Carbon, Genesis Vapour CX20 ('17)Carbon, Rose Xeon CW3000 '14, Raleigh R50

http://www.visiontrack.com
  • Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    decklan1994 Why do you want wider tyres? they will be more draggy & heavier, 2.1's will do the job much better, unless you plan to do DH, which is not advisable on an Apollo ;)

New inner cables should sort the gears out, spray WD40 (using the straw) through the outer cables to flush any crap out & it helps lube them too.
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Don't point tother end of outer cable in your face or at cats or owt hehehe