Orange P7 (Help needed)

andytaylor1980
andytaylor1980 Posts: 11
edited July 2008 in MTB beginners
Hi, im looking at a bike on ebay item no (170244763772) which states the bike is a orange P7 and the seller is selling it quite cheap, Bargin or a con ??? please help as im a bike dim whit.

Cheers

Andy

Comments

• bonyjoe
    bonyjoe Posts: 48
    I wouldn't expect it to stay that cheap until the end of the auction though. Also do you live near Harrogate as it is pick up only.

Thats all I can help with as I am a bike newb :lol:
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    If it is a P7 it is probably at least 8 years old!
  • I can pick the bike up no problems, i just wanted to know if it is a P7 and if its worth £200.00

Thanks again everyone
  • supersonic
    Hard to tell what it is worth or condition it is in. Looks old, with old parts. Frk must be 10 years old to say the least.
  • owen908
    owen908 Posts: 170
    well you can be fairly confident that the frame will be in good condition because p7 frames are extremely durable and strong!
  • supersonic
    Hmmm, I'd say any old frame, especially steel needs a good check! Steel rusts.
  • grantway
    grantway Posts: 1,430
    If your worried about buying a stollen bike ask the seller for the
    frame number and call Orange or the Police, but wait till the end of Auction too
    as the price normaly goes up at the end of time.
  • dave_hill
    dave_hill Posts: 3,877
    supersonic wrote:
    Hmmm, I'd say any old frame, especially steel needs a good check! Steel rusts.

Bobbins. A steel frame isn't going to rust so badly that affects its integrity unless it's been stripped down and kept outside in the rain. I have a 25 year old Claude Butler road frame built from Reynolds 531 which hasn't got a speck of rust on it anywhere, either internally or externally.

Now an aluminium frame is a different proposition - I wouldn't touch a second-hand aluminium frame over three years old with yours.

As for the original poster's question, I wouldn't give more than £100 for the entire bike. It's an old bike and you would be severely limited as to its capacity and upgradability. But then I am part Yorkshire and naturally cautious with my money... :shock:
    Give a home to a retired Greyhound. Tia Greyhound Rescue
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic