I hate the Ting Tings

gumball3000
gumball3000 Posts: 14
edited August 2008 in The bottom bracket
No real point here....

Just making a statement.

Really gets on my t1ts.

Shut up and let me go? I really wish they would. :)

Comments

• 2wheelzgood
    2wheelzgood Posts: 373
    yes
    FCN4: Langster Pro
    FCN8 Dawes Audax
    FCN13: Pompetamine dad and daughter bike

FCN5 Modded Dawes Hybrid R.I.P.
    FCN6 Fixed beater bike (on loan to brother in law)
  • Bikerbaboon
    Bikerbaboon Posts: 1,017
    i just hate radio one, they take dross like the ting tings and theny play it till you want to fill your ear cannal with battery acid.

and thats not the worst of it they also take songs that tyou kinda like and then by playing it 3 time and hour every hour through out the day that you are sick of it and wish to under take the battery acid therapy, b4 its even avalibal to buy.
    Nothing in life can not be improved with either monkeys, pirates or ninjas
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    i just hate radio one, they take dross like the ting tings and theny play it till you want to fill your ear cannal with battery acid.

and thats not the worst of it they also take songs that tyou kinda like and then by playing it 3 time and hour every hour through out the day that you are sick of it and wish to under take the battery acid therapy, b4 its even avalibal to buy.

Worse still is the breakfast show, where they barely seem to play any music at all, instead inflicting on the listeners the unfunny, inane ramblings of talentless salad-dodger Moyles and his entourage of muppets most of the time.

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • This is why I don't listen to radio, or watch music on tv. Why anyone would want to buy Rihanna, or Kanye "I stole this song" West, or that god awful death metal (well thats not on radio) is beyond me.

But then again, I like Kraftwerk and Bjork, so I can't really talk much about good music taste.

And for the Tings Tings, what the hell is your name? If you just tell us, we can close this case once and for all!
  • SCR Pedro
    SCR Pedro Posts: 912
    I can't understand how anybody in the world could hate them more than I do. I'd like to lock them in the boot of a car, set the car on fire and roll it off a cliff.

But you see, they're making life hard for other acts. I have to turn my radio off when her awful shouting comes on, and this means that I forget to turn it back on, and as a result I miss lots of good music.

Death to the Ting Tings!!!!!!!

Cheers
    Pedro

PS: And while we are at it, I would also like to lock these bands in the boot of the same flaming car going over the cliff:

The Kaiser Chiefs
    Scouting For Girls
    The Fratellis
    Arctic Monkeys
    Giant TCR Advanced II - Reviewed on my homepage
    Giant TCR Alliance Zero
    BMC teammachineSLR03
    The Departed
    Giant SCR2
    Canyon Roadlite
    Specialized Allez
    Some other junk...
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    the alphabeats are as irritating as the Ting tings
    cartoon.jpg
  • There seems to be a habit amongst DJ's recently of telling you that you "must" like certain bands. The Ting Tings were described as a hidden talent, the other day.

That talent is SERIOUSLY hidden, if you ask me. Just totally baffling....

Granted, there has been some pretty awful music in the hit parade recently, and I am not one to normally diss any poular beat combo....

Only the instrumental chorus bit in Smokey Robinson's "Tears of a Clown" gets on my wick more...
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    This is why I don't listen to radio, or watch music on tv. Why anyone would want to buy Rihanna, or Kanye "I stole this song" West, or that god awful death metal (well thats not on radio) is beyond me.

But then again, I like Kraftwerk and Bjork, so I can't really talk much about good music taste.

Both of those above are easily as sonically interesting as Bjork or Kraftwerk. I tend to find that on a musical level, r&b tends to have amazing beats going on with real innovation and weirdness but the wailing over the top of it can put you off.

I don't like Ting Tings either. It's so bland and generic. There was something on MTV2 the other night which had Battles / Fridge and Four Tet on it. They were excellent.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Adieu
    Adieu Posts: 83
    Huzzah!
  • UncleFred
    UncleFred Posts: 227
    I stopped listening to Radio 1 the day that Newsbeat proclaimed Amy Winehouse at Glastonbury an outstanding performance!

Where were they? In a tent, with an Ipod and a big bag of weed?
  • BC_68
    BC_68 Posts: 7
    I know them, well the fella, My best mate was managing them when they were Dear Eskimo, got them a deal with Universal then they fckd him over by signing with someone else, He took them to court and won £20K!
    The blonde is good though! great nuts!
  • I take it i'm in the minority with this one then lol. I hated "That's Not My Name" to begin with, but since i'm a nightclub DJ I have to play what people request, and so it slowly kinda grew on me in an irritating way. I like their other two singles as well. Ah well, each to their own :D
  • hugo15
    hugo15 Posts: 1,101
    Just don't get The Tings Tings.
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Ting Tings - superb in my book. Saw them live at ULU before the likes of Radio 1 got involved. Anyway why do you people bother listening to Radio 1. I hate it too, so I don't listen to it! Try digital music or better still listen to music that you actually like i.e your own music. If you listen to Radio 1 you are never going to discover any interesting new acts.

Now Alphabeats - that is cr@p- like abba on bouncy pills.

Oh and Battles are ace. Ting Ting haters should try Crystal Castles.
  • guinea
    guinea Posts: 1,177
    Hadn't heard of the Ting Tings so I popped over to youtube.

Complete piss.
  • Ruari
    Ruari Posts: 217
    Ha ha, liked them at first 'cos I only SAW them in their music vid, but once it's played five times an hour on radio, without the eye-candy it's just horribly annoying!
    Bring on the new Verve song....
    FCN 1
  • heavymental
    heavymental Posts: 2,076
    Certainly an example of hype over substance. But, you can be reassured by the fact that they will only be around for a few months.
  • DavidBelcher
    Anyway why do you people bother listening to Radio 1. I hate it too, so I don't listen to it! Try digital music

Absolutely - if you want a BBC station that plays decent stuff, DAB radio or Freeview/Sky box owners always have the 6 Music option.

David
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    but the idea isn't that radio1 plays good music, it plays current music, over and over again, but in the evenings it is pretty decent if you're into particular things.
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    Yet another candidate for 'worst act I've ever heard in my life'.
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • topcattim
    topcattim Posts: 766
    Anyway why do you people bother listening to Radio 1. I hate it too, so I don't listen to it! Try digital music

Absolutely - if you want a BBC station that plays decent stuff, DAB radio or Freeview/Sky box owners always have the 6 Music option.

David
    The curious thing about this, is that I first came across the Ting Tings on 6 Music.
    And :oops: I quite like them!
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    Even 6Music is getting 'Moyles-ified' though, George (Shabba!) Lamb anyone? Although he seems marginaly less irritating now than when he started he's still a nob. That said though, the evening shows are still great!
  • fluff.
    fluff. Posts: 771
    I have the R6 brekky show on normally, decent music and usual DJ is ok. The 2 week replacement they have on at the moment is far too loud and cheery sounding though.
  • nolf
    nolf Posts: 1,287
    Kaiser Chiefs aren't rubbish!
    just slightly overplayed.

You should go to some clubs, OMG, I have actually memorised the track list and order of all of Yorks ("good") clubs, seriously, fire the iPod DJ and get a real DJ ffs!!!!

And not one who thinks that "cool" is when you take two good songs and mix them together to create a a confused jarring record!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
    "I hold it true, what'er befall;
    I feel it, when I sorrow most;
    'Tis better to have loved and lost;
    Than never to have loved at all."

Alfred Tennyson
  • ricadus
    ricadus Posts: 2,379
    No real point here....

Just making a statement.

Really gets on my t1ts.
    +1 ?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7535840.stm
  • DavidBelcher
    nolf wrote:
    Kaiser Chiefs aren't rubbish!
    just slightly overplayed.

True, I think the fact that a lot of mainstream radio stations did 'Ruby' to death probably turned some people against them. The second album got a somewhat lukewarm reception from the muppets at the NME, which is surely a sign of a half decent band, given that said publication seems to spend too much column space fawning over acts which have Noel Gallagher and/or Alan McGee's personal seal of approval.
    Mind you, I am slightly biased towards Kaiser Chiefs given that until recently I lived in their neck of the woods; one of my regular training loops went past the real-life Highroyds!

David
  • jonesey10
    jonesey10 Posts: 239
    Ting Tings - superb in my book. Saw them live at ULU before the likes of Radio 1 got involved. Anyway why do you people bother listening to Radio 1. I hate it too, so I don't listen to it! Try digital music or better still listen to music that you actually like i.e your own music. If you listen to Radio 1 you are never going to discover any interesting new acts.

Now Alphabeats - that is cr@p- like abba on bouncy pills.

Oh and Battles are ace. Ting Ting haters should try Crystal Castles.

I went to see Battles in Camden last year, awesome live act.
    Check out the Vices from Reading if you get chance, they're on my space but such a fantastic up and coming band.
    Some fantastic bands out there but you wont find them on Radio 1.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    I've heard worse
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • If TIng Tings are hidden talent............put them back for another thousand years for some other poor bugger to find.
    They are poooooo
    Just a fat bloke on a bike