Would you wait...

soy_sauce
soy_sauce Posts: 987
edited July 2008 in MTB buying advice
Hi,

I have been trying to deal with Halfords to get the Boardman MTB Comp bike. as none of the store in Aberdeen deal with Boardman bike, they are trying to get one delivery up for me but however, the only bike which avalible from the other store is a display bike. as i find out that the other store (which deal with Boardman bike) is waiting for the 2009 range coming into the store in few weeks time [end of Sept to beginning of Oct].

So I am thinking.... since i already miss out most of the good weather anyway, should I just wait for the new range to come out and get that one instead (£50 more that the current range) or rush and get that display bike and enjoy a couple of good weather before the bad weather begin?

I am in two mind and really need some advice or suggestion, please?
"It is not impossible, its just improbable"

Specialized Rockhopper Pro Disc 08

Comments

• wait, or get discount on the display bike.
  • soy_sauce
    one of my workmate is getting a ex-display bike which shipped up from England but they are not doing any discount for him on the bike. :(

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    and the reason is that there will be a big price increase in the 2009 bikes, dont expect and great end of year bargains.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • soy_sauce
    nicklouse wrote:
    and the reason is that there will be a big price increase in the 2009 bikes, dont expect and great end of year bargains.

i phoned up to two different stores query about the price for the 2009 range and one of the store doesn't know and it is not in the computer system yet but a guy in the other store told me that the 2009 range would be £50 more expensive.
    as they do the £50 voucher offer for each £250 bike puchase, that price increase (if its right) would be fine with me.. but i just can't make up my mind if i should wait or not.. specially when i have no idea what the different with the spec. between the two ranges. :(

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    So the guys in the shops do not really know what the prices will be for next year...

if you have the money and you see a bike you like buy it now dont wait.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • SDK2007
    SDK2007 Posts: 782
    nicklouse wrote:
    if you have the money and you see a bike you like buy it now dont wait.
    He has but no where can source the bike for him.

If I were you I would wait for the 09 bikes and weigh up your options then.
  • GibboGT
    GibboGT Posts: 287
    I got my bike a week and half ago, I did consider waiting but then figured why bother?!

If you can afford the bike you want now why wait? Think of all the riding you will miss out on while waiting!

2 months is a long time, and in 2 months you won't get the weather to go out riding it very often. Given the fact that once you get the '09 bike the weather will be rubbish, you could wait till the 2010 bike is out in months time :wink:

How would you feel if in 2 months you can't source the '09 bike for the price you think you can get it for?

my $0.02

:lol:
  • soy_sauce
    GibboGT wrote:
    I got my bike a week and half ago, I did consider waiting but then figured why bother?!

If you can afford the bike you want now why wait? Think of all the riding you will miss out on while waiting!

2 months is a long time, and in 2 months you won't get the weather to go out riding it very often. Given the fact that once you get the '09 bike the weather will be rubbish, you could wait till the 2010 bike is out in months time :wink:

How would you feel if in 2 months you can't source the '09 bike for the price you think you can get it for?

my $0.02

:lol:

yeah, i know but the summer weather has come to the end (at least up here) prop another a couple of weeks of good weather before it become the good old bad weather.. :x

the bike is mainly for commuting then ofcourse go off road. hehe
    end up the display bike from the other store is not in good (not even OK) condition, plus the GT that i want doesn't do 16" frame so i have to wait for the 2009 range instead... :roll: about source of the '09 bike, the guy from the store is going to order one for me as soon as they have the 2009 range model in the HQ :)

to be honest, apart from the millions phone call i need to make within the past couple of day. there are some good staffs from Halfords who are really helpfully and know their stuff. :D

• GibboGT
    GibboGT Posts: 287
    Sounds like you have made your mind up :wink:

if you wait there is a chance things go a bit pear shaped, but you will get your bike eventually. If you don't wait sounds like you will regret it.