last years injuries?

skullthaw
skullthaw Posts: 321
edited July 2008 in MTB general
what were the worst injuries that you lot have picked up last year?
2 Broken fingers broken again... F@$%^£g hell that hurt!!!

92% of teenagers have turned to rap. If your one of the 8% that still listens to real music put this in your sig.
METAL!!!!!

Comments

• grantway
    grantway Posts: 1,430
    I Armoured up pritty quickly and bought a Met Parachute helmet
    for extreme XC/Freeriding and a getting the new The full face for Wales
    so only nursing bruises rather than getting cuts/stitches and then
    padding up?

Need better gloves full finger only anyone have any ideas what to buy?
  • David Lund
    David Lund Posts: 602
    I managed to take some skin of my knee when i skidded out on a corner at dalby. Nothing major though.
    I can put up a pic if you realy want as i did the usual boyish thing and took pictures as soon as i saw it :lol:
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    In the last year and a half i have split the meniscus in my knee and gotten a slight tear in my medial cruciate ligament (same accident), broken 2 ribs, one toe, not necessarily in that order.

Bruises don't count unless they cover an area bigger than a full bumcheek and go totally black, skint knees don't count unless you can see the flesh underneath and pedal pin stripes on the fronts and backs of lower legs are not injuries at all....they are medals.

So...nothing serious then :wink:

OK the knee was a showstopper for nearly 6 months, but its been OK for about 9 months or so now!
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • stu8975
    stu8975 Posts: 1,334
    Stage/type 5 separated shoulder and a nice 8 inch scar to go with it (june '07)......wired back together and ive just managed to snap the wire...ooops...back on the hospital waiting list for me then..at least its sunny and im off work til its done. So thats 2 summers in a row of not being able to ride..I am not fugghin happy. (i have piccies of shoulder tho)
  • 13ADL1X
    13ADL1X Posts: 151
    I got a stinger wrapped round my calf. Does that count?
    The trail is long and my legs are burning but I can't stop smiling.
  • Surf-Matt
    Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
    Only three shoulder dislocations last year - so was a good one for me!
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    in the regatta i helped run we had one guy get catapulted out the boat, he dislocated his shoulder in doing so, and then has to swim accros the racing line in freezing water to avoid being run over...
  • Surf-Matt
    I dislocated mine at a very remote reef break in Wales - it was double overhead and breaking very heavily. Had to paddle in one armed, walk 45 mins to the car (no mobile), then drive to hospital. Was one of my less amusing dislocations (done it about 20+ times!) :cry:

Which Regatta?
    I do safety boat at our local one held last Sunday. I had to rescue a fully panicking semi drowning 18 stone lass - challenging to say the least but managed to haul her in after lots of effort!!
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    It is only Torpids on the Isis at oxford, it isn't a biggie, 130 boats, about 5 thousand spectators.

Nowhere near as bad as eights, 154 boats but 10k spectators, it gets so bad you have difficulty getting the boats onto the water.
  • Surf-Matt
    Rather larger scale than ours! We do have plenty of space too.
  • Amos
    Amos Posts: 438
    Fractured arm.
  • David Lund
    David Lund Posts: 602
    cee wrote:
    skint knees don't count unless you can see the flesh underneath and pedal pin stripes on the fronts and backs of lower legs are not injuries at all....they are medals.

Does mine count?? :roll:

P4250096-1-1.jpg
  • dave_hill
    dave_hill Posts: 3,877
    I suffered a huge dent in my wallet when I bought another bike... :D !
    Give a home to a retired Greyhound. Tia Greyhound Rescue
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    David Lund wrote:
    cee wrote:
    skint knees don't count unless you can see the flesh underneath and pedal pin stripes on the fronts and backs of lower legs are not injuries at all....they are medals.

Does mine count?? :roll:

P4250096-1-1.jpg

that counts :D
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.