resolve as a recovery drink?

TheGreatGatsby
TheGreatGatsby Posts: 818
I was chatting to the girl last night about how in this heat my calves and ankles swell up like an elephants and was saying I don't know what it is. I remember something about cyclists and salt levels being more deplted than normal riders or something and was wondering if the swelling could be due to a low salt level after my commute in to work? I drink around 4 litres of water a day so am not dehydrated. I'm not a fan of stuff like rego and recovery drinks like that but the girl suggested maybe trying a sachet of resolve in one of my bottles of water to drink throughout the day. Seemed like a logical plan but was just wondering what everyone else thought about using a hangover cure as a recovery cure for water retention? Also does anyone else remember that theory about salt levels in cyclists or am I going mad(der) :?

Gats

Comments

• Gavin Gilbert
    Gavin Gilbert Posts: 4,019
    Shirley it's the same stuff in a different packet? I know that SIS used to sell GO as a product called 'Hedstart'.
  • unclemalc
    unclemalc Posts: 563
    I live a sheltered life - what's 'resolve', apart from determination?
    Anyway - if you drink that much a day you may well be upsetting your own water:salt levels.
    Swelling due to water retention is often due to too much sodium-based 'salt' in the first instance - what do you eat during the day - processed foods, salt on your chips, or what?
    Have a good look at your food/fluid intake during a regular day - sounds like something odd is going on. :?
    Spring!
    Singlespeeds in town rule.
  • I don't eat any processed food at al and definitly not crisps. I only add salt to food to season when I cook and never after. During the day its weetabix for brekky, salads for lunch and then a good home cooked meal with plenty of home grown veg. I do like marmite on rice cakes though in the evening and like parmesan cheese - but again neither to excess.

Gats
  • tenbar
    tenbar Posts: 94
    Are you a monk?
  • no why do they have problems with swollen ankles? :?

Gats
  • unclemalc
    unclemalc Posts: 563
    In which case, go see your doc - just to see what could be happening. Hope it goes away...
    Spring!
    Singlespeeds in town rule.
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    resolve (at least resolve extra) contains paracetamol.

I wouldn't want to be chugging that down everyday, even one dose a day doesn't sound like a great idea to me.

What about something like Jaaps Health Salts/ Andrews Liver Salts etc?????
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.