Hayes Stroker Carbon User Manual

davehutch
davehutch Posts: 24
edited August 2008 in MTB workshop & tech
Anybody know where I can get one from?
I want to adjust them but the Hayes site doesn't have a manual yet.

Cheers

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    what do you need to adjust?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • davehutch
    They seem too far to one side so the pads have to travel different amounts.
    Rear rotor was bent after 14 miles so took the wheel in to the shop (couldn't take the bike on the Underground)
    Still doesn't feel good...lots of squeaking and shaking.
    I know they're supporsed to bed in but I want to centre the rotor between the calipers.
  • nicklouse
    push the out piston in and this will push the other one out. there is no adjustment for this.

then adjust the position of the caliper to suit.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • davehutch
    How do I push a piston?
  • millster
    millster Posts: 209
    Take out the pads, and GENTLY wiggle a flat headed screwdriver left and right if you catch my drift? so that youre gradually pushing the piston back.
  • nicklouse
    have a look at parktools webby.
  • BigStu2
    BigStu2 Posts: 794
    I've got Hayes stroker trails on mine and I've discovered that even when being perfectly alligned, after wheel removal they'll rub so to stop this, when youve found the perfect allignment , flip your bike upside down and put a small scratch on the axel coinsiding with the dropout, so you can reallign it up next time in the same position, otherwise just rotate the axel untill you find a sweet spot.
    .........all
    ...at........work
    fun..................&
    ..no.............no
    .....is......play
  • Sounds like a good idea. I'll give it a try