choosing between Kona and Genesis

mark511
mark511 Posts: 3
edited July 2008 in MTB beginners
Hi
I am trying to choose between the Kona Caldera and the Genesis altitude 10. I have been riding a steel Marin Muirwoods for 10 years and feel that the genesis steel bike is slightly nicer for ride. Does anyone agree?
Thanks
Mark511

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Hard to say until you have tried them out! Geometry and parts are a little different now, so you will notice a difference.
  • Chris`I
    Chris`I Posts: 206
    supersonic wrote:
    Hard to say until you have tried them out! Geometry and parts are a little different now, so you will notice a difference.
    +1 - I recently got a new Rockhopper Comp Disc, of which I had an old RH Comp (about 10yrs old), which handled compeltely differently. The new one is a lot lighter and has much faster geometry. It is undoubtely a Spesh, still feels like one, but its more akin to the older Stumpys.

Best get out there and try them :D
    2010 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp
    2010 Specialized Tricross Sport (commuter)
    2012 Boardman Road Team
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    Steel is real...

but try them!
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    My mate rides the Kona and is very happy with it. I think they are pretty similar bikes really, try them out and then go by price.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • mark511
    mark511 Posts: 3
    Hi
    Thanks for the advice guys. I tried out the bikes and decided on the genesis altitude 10. It has a great ride and good brakes.
    Mark