Rotor rubs on sid team forks

cuffy123
cuffy123 Posts: 4
edited July 2008 in MTB workshop & tech
Has anyone else had this problem? There is about 1-2mm at the most between the front rotor and fork leg. It doesn't rub when it's on the stand....only when you're riding.
I know sids have a history of flexing, but I thought they had sorted it out. Is it common and can anyone help?
1-2 mm is really tight anyway. I have Chris King hubs with hope brakes....any ideas how to solve it before I put them out for recycling?
cheers,
cuffy

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    either your hub needs its bearings adjusting or the fork has just had it.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Which SID and year/model?
  • cuffy123
    Thanks for your help .... the sids are brand new.....Sid team.
    I have put a washer on the skewer and its pulled it out another mm, so it isn't rubbing anymore, but I still need to sort it.
    I bought a new yeti and these forks, yet everything else ie; brakes wheels etc has come off my Ibis. The ibis has Pace ltd edition forks and there was plenty of clearance with the chris king hub and the hope brakes.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Well the new SIDs should not be flexing,

so 1 measure the hub O.L.D. in should be 100mm without your added washer, the use of the washer is not a good idea as it will cause early failure of the bushes as the legs will not be running straight.
    so finally check and adjust your hub bearings.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • cuffy123
    I'll do that. Thanks for your help and advice.