XCR LO Forks

lesz42
lesz42 Posts: 690
edited July 2008 in MTB beginners
hey all!

got the XCR LO (2007) forks on my bike, it has a lock-out function ( on the fork), thing i would like to know, it feels fairly proportional, from open to lock out,

instructions are pants, dont mention it, and nothing on the suntour site, just trying to set up the forks a bit better

will upgrade to something better, when i think i will need the better damper/action
Giant Trance X0 (08) Reverb, Hope Hoops 5.1D, XT brakes, RQ BC, Works Components headset 1.5

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    lesz42 wrote:
    hey all!

got the XCR LO (2007) forks on my bike, it has a lock-out function ( on the fork), thing i would like to know, it feels fairly proportional, from open to lock out,

instructions are pants, dont mention it, and nothing on the suntour site, just trying to set up the forks a bit better

will upgrade to something better, when i think i will need the better damper/action

so what do you want to know?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • lesz42
    oh sorry!!

well is the lock-out function, proportional? almost as a damper?
    Giant Trance X0 (08) Reverb, Hope Hoops 5.1D, XT brakes, RQ BC, Works Components headset 1.5
  • nicklouse
    nope. on or off.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • lesz42
    hey thanks!

guess, once i can out ride the xcr's or i have some spare cash, a future upgrade :)

cheers!
  • justresting
    justresting Posts: 292
    when you lock out your forks are you doing any harm locking them in the sag position or is it better to dismount? Also if you do lock them in the sag position is it better to release them after your ride?
    ' From the sharks in the penthouse,
    to the rats in the basement,
    its not that far '
  • nicklouse
    when you lock out your forks are you doing any harm locking them in the sag position or is it better to dismount? Also if you do lock them in the sag position is it better to release them after your ride?

what forks?
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    the xcr lockout adjuster can unscrew from the shaft under. Full fix available on the sr site.
  • justresting
    justresting Posts: 292
    hi nick I should have started a new thread realy, I do apologise the forks are as above suntour xcr (not brill I know but will do me for now)
    ' From the sharks in the penthouse,
    to the rats in the basement,
    its not that far '