THE AUSSIE'S ARE RIGHT!!!!

idaviesmoore
idaviesmoore Posts: 557
edited July 2008 in The bottom bracket
:shock: I can't believe it!!! It's been cold/windy/raining for the past 1,000,000,000 days in the UK and now the temperature is starting to climb from absolute zero all I'm getting is:-

'Sh@t!! It's warm!!' from everyone

WHAT'S THAT ALL ABOUT??!!

The aussie's are right. We are WHINGING POMMS!!! :twisted:
'How can an opinion be bullsh1t?' High Fidelity

Comments

• will3
    will3 Posts: 2,173
    :lol:

Yeah people do bitch about the weather a lot here. No idea why, there's rarely a day goes by I'd not rather be out in it than cooped up in a stuffy office.
  • Jumile
    Jumile Posts: 14
    As an Australian who's been living here for over 7 years now, you're damned right. I noticed it on my first day here and every day since. It still makes me shake my head in bewilderment.

Stop obsessing about the weather and make the most of this one life you have. :D
  • will3
    will3 Posts: 2,173
    Jumile wrote:
    As an Australian who's been living here for over 7 years now, you're damned right. I noticed it on my first day here and every day since. It still makes me shake my head in bewilderment.

Stop obsessing about the weather and make the most of this one life you have. :D

Stop whinging about us whinging.
  • daver1
    daver1 Posts: 78
    As a Brit living iin Australia I am amzed that they have the cheek to talk about us whinging. The weather here is great 95% of the time but as soon as there is a cold or wet day it's as if the world has come to an end. Maybe you need some crap weather to make you appreciate good weather.
  • synchronicity
    synchronicity Posts: 1,415
    DaveR1 wrote:
    As a Brit living iin Australia I am amzed that they have the cheek to talk about us whinging. The weather here is great 95% of the time but as soon as there is a cold or wet day it's as if the world has come to an end. Maybe you need some crap weather to make you appreciate good weather.

Rubbish!
    Fellow ozzie here, we only do that after a full week of solid rain. :P
  • Mapman
    Mapman Posts: 254
    i thought it had stopped raining in Aussie land :wink: l:
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    I'm seeing an Australian girl tonight and she has been bemoaning the heat even more than me (although I am in an air-conditioned office while she's in a sticky house).
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    biondino wrote:
    I'm seeing an Australian girl tonight and she has been bemoaning the heat even more than me (although I am in an air-conditioned office while she's in a sticky house).

I was on a train from Genoa to Nice last week and two Australian girls spent the whole journey complaining about the heat which baffled me. They were, however, utterly stunning so I let it slide.
  • ricadus
    ricadus Posts: 2,379
    CHRISNOIR wrote:
    biondino wrote:

I was on a train from Genoa to Nice last week and two Australian girls spent the whole journey complaining about the heat which baffled me. They were, however, utterly stunning so I let it slide.

They're dropping a hint! :wink:
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    My aussie just complains it is cold all the time, but she's hot so we just ignore her
  • chuckcork
    chuckcork Posts: 1,471
    Poms can't handle the heat, Aussies can't handle the rain.

Witness British building sites, which go whatever the weather (unless its really bad) while in Australia the average builder gets an allergic reaction to water and runs and hides from the smallest shower.
    'Twas Mulga Bill, from Eaglehawk, that caught the cycling craze....
  • Jumile
    Jumile Posts: 14
    chuckcork wrote:
    in Australia the average builder gets an allergic reaction to water and runs and hides from the smallest shower.
    That's often union regulations. I did my apprenticeship (in Oz) with my home state's government-run water utility and we had to get special permission to work more than 6' above or below ground, in the rain, in weather over 40°C, and all sorts of weird and wacky scenarios. And nearly all of those situations required protective gear of one kind or another. It's not all down to being wimps. :)

Another side to that is because it's sunny and warm 10 months of the year, whenever it does rain we could go inside that day and be guaranteed of good weather the next. ;)