Bottom Bracket Help Please

Chrisa112
Chrisa112 Posts: 6
edited July 2008 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi all,
Ive got Saracen Mantra 2 Which has been heavily modified but i want to fit a Shimano Hone Chainset as the Truvativ Blaze chianset on there is creaking royally!!

The problem i have is, im pretty sure the chainset fitted at the moment is ISIS whereas the Shimano Hone uses Octalink!
! So all i want to know is can my frame bottom bracket type be changed to fit the Hone chainset?? whether that be done a bike shop or not - I don't mid :D

Thanks ALOT :D

<>Chris

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Hone is not octalink it is HT2.

yes it will fit your frame. but you will need to get your LBS to face the bb shell.

plus you will need the ISIS tools to remove the old bb and the HT2 tools to fit the new.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Chrisa112
    Chrisa112 Posts: 6
    nicklouse wrote:
    Hone is not octalink it is HT2.

yes it will fit your frame. but you will need to get your LBS to face the bb shell.

plus you will need the ISIS tools to remove the old bb and the HT2 tools to fit the new.

thanks for quick reply mate oh ok i whack down to bike shop then !!!

and i miss read a description of the Hone chainset - thought it was octalink :(
    One last thing can any BB be made to fit any frame ?

Cheers,
    <>Chris
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    as long as the bb type is the same as the bb shell.

ie a BMX bb will not fit in a EURO bb shell.

ISIS.Octalink,square taper, powerspline,HT2,X type can all fit as long as you get the right thread. 99.9% and English so no probs there then.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown