Ecsema on forehead blochy head

fibrestream
fibrestream Posts: 2
edited August 2008 in Health, fitness & training
Has anybody got any tips for stopping my ecsema braking out on me forehead making me look blochey. I wash the sponge inside my helmet after every ride i put drums of cream on yet every time I go out for a long ride and begin to sweat it attacks my forehead this is furiating any tips would be appreaceated thanks fibres.

Comments

• Flogger
    Flogger Posts: 23
    I have excema too, though this doesn't happen to me - you could try putting some kind of fabric between your head and the helmet, some kind of bandana for example.
  • Dazzza
    Dazzza Posts: 2,364
    The new giro helmets have an antibacterial lining, silver fibres methinks.
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
    Giant Anthem X
  • dave_hill
    dave_hill Posts: 3,877
    Has anybody got any tips for stopping my ecsema braking out on me forehead making me look blochey. I wash the sponge inside my helmet after every ride i put drums of cream on yet every time I go out for a long ride and begin to sweat it attacks my forehead this is furiating any tips would be appreaceated thanks fibres.

I used to get this in winter, but I don't suffer from ecxema. Turned out it was wind burn combined with festering sweat in my helmet pads which was causing inflammed marks on my forehead.

The answer? A cotton bandana under my lid - gives a bit extra protection, better wicking and dead easy to wash - just sling it in the washing machine after a ride. Helps if you have a helmet with adjustable sizing though.

As far as treatment is concerned, try Holland & Barrett's Aloe gel.
    Give a home to a retired Greyhound. Tia Greyhound Rescue
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic