Has bikely.com left North America

For the past several days, attempts to connect with www.bikely.com have been responded to by a blank screen.

The HTML that gets downloaded from whichever caching or direct server is serving my area of North America (southern Ontario, Canada) is as follows:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"></HEAD>
<BODY></BODY></HTML>

As you see, it's simply a stub or empty page.

I did some searching on Google and find two or three hits in various biking forums asking the same question, "What's happened to bikely.com?"

I note that the bikely.com service under the covers of bikeradar.com is still active, and all my routes are still out there. Only the original/former www.bikely.com seems to have disappeared.

Anyone know what's going on?
...alan

Comments

• Dunno whazzup, but bikely.com is back now, after two or three days offline. Someone recycled the AC or cleared a cache somewhere and now we're good again.
    Weird.
    ...alan
  • AndyChud
    AndyChud Posts: 39
    I have also been experiencing the same problem. For a few weeks now but it's still not back online and all I get is the blank screen! Is yours working now? By the way i live in the Netherlands in Europe, not sure if that helps...
    Andy
  • AndyChud
    Also the 'Page Source' is completely blank too...Don't know what that means but I don't think it's meant to be...
    Andy
  • AndyChud

Are you able to try a different browser or different computer to see if you still have a problem?

Bikely is definitely still there and other users in the Netherlands have been able to post routes recently.
    John Stevenson
  • danvanman
    danvanman Posts: 2
    Bikely.com comes up ok on Firefox 3.0.

My screen comes up blank on Safari 3.1.1
  • Hi danvanman

That, plus the fact that other users on Safari 3.1.1 can see the site, does rather suggest that the problem is with your system.

Have you tried clearing cookies and history etc in Safari?
    John Stevenson
  • AndyChud
    Mr. Stevenson, I have tried to access bikely.com on another computer and it works fine! Even on the same internet network. I am clueless!
    Any help from anybody would be greatly appreciated,
    Cheers,
    Andy
  • donrose
    donrose Posts: 1
    I had the same problem with a blank bikely.com page. I deleted history, temp files, and cookies and it worked. Using IE 7.

don
  • Andy

Sounds to me like you need a tech support person to look at your computer. Rather hard to diagnose these problems remotely I'm afraid.
    John Stevenson
  • AndyChud
    Mr. Stevenson,

It turns out that it works on my computer, but only on Internet Explorer, not on Mozilla Firefox.
    I suppose it will remain one of those great, unanswered questions!

My next question is to everyone and is just to ask if anyone else has experienced the same, or similar problems.

Andy
  • AndyChud
    My next question is to everyone and is just to ask if anyone else has experienced the same, or similar problems.

And knows how to solve it...? :?
  • Try clearing all Bikely-related cookies from your browser. at small sizes
    John Stevenson