lanzarote

sloxam
sloxam Posts: 861
edited August 2008 in Tour & expedition
hi, off there next week, playa blanca base, juggling riding with wife and 2 kids under 4. reckon can blag 1-2 hours max a day to ride. so i would be looking for up to 35 miles max trip due to time constraints. any suggestions on routes?
i hate hills (cos i'm fat)

www.justgiving.com/steven-loxam/

Comments

• synchronicity
    synchronicity Posts: 1,415
    Not sure, I've still not had the chance to go.

Will you be taking your own bike or renting over there?
  • rankbadyin
    rankbadyin Posts: 24
    Hi Sloxam
    A few good routes from Playa Blanca

There is a small road which runs parallel to the LZ-2 heading north, if you take that route and head north and then turn for a ~10mile loop towards El Golfo (LZ703 on to LZ704) this loop takes you back out close to Yaiza and from there you can head up to Timanfaya. That's about as far as you could go with your time frame.

Another route is to head up over the hill towards Femes and then cut back down towards Yaiza again.

Usually have a head wind on the way out and a nice tail wind to finish.

Enjoy
  • sloxam
    Not sure, I've still not had the chance to go.

Will you be taking your own bike or renting over there?
    i'll be renting

• sloxam
    time was worse than i thought! wife ran alternate days, i got the sh*ts and only hired for 2 days in a fortnight! did 60 miles though, using el golfo as the beacon. crap going out as the wind was in my face but flew home! i would love to take my own bike next year (own a time share) but cannondale have had it for 6 weeks due to a crank warranty issue and their service is so sh*t (like my bottom) i may never get it back!