Marmotte - Info

bahzob
bahzob Posts: 2,195
Following first visit to the Marmotte I have put together some info for the event here:

>>> See later post below, first link had a problem....

Any addition info/comments welcome, I will include and update. (e.g. I have just realised I forgot to mention the bike shops (who were very helpful to some of the guys sharing same place as me, sorting out their gear changes FOC)

Also is there a cycling wiki somewhere that I can put this info into?
Martin S. Newbury RC

Comments

• agnello
    agnello Posts: 239
    good effort bahzob
    :D
    Stumpjumper FSR Comp
    Eddy Merckx Strada
    Gios Compact KK
    Raleigh Dynatech Diablo
    Canyon CF CLX / Record
    Charge Plug 3
    Kinesis GF Ti disc - WIP...
  • bahzob
    Problem with link, will sort out
    Martin S. Newbury RC
  • bahzob
    Hopefully this link will work

http://filesupload.com/showlink.php?files=marmotte%20guide.doc&dir=&user=bahzob

(click OK at bottom then wait a bit and option to look at file should appear.

If anyone knows a better file share or better still cycling wiki please let me know...
    Martin S. Newbury RC
  • genki
    genki Posts: 305
    Interesting to see your power profile since we had almost identcal split times. What's your weight?
  • daowned
    daowned Posts: 414
    yeah great info there :)
  • bahzob
    genki wrote:
    Interesting to see your power profile since we had almost identcal split times. What's your weight?

Around 71kg
    Martin S. Newbury RC
  • Good stuff in there Bahzob. I'll keep that somewhere safe.
  • Ken Night
    Ken Night Posts: 2,005
    Good stuff Martin-very complete guide, painstakingly written...is that just a personal record or are you going to use it for something?

Good to meet you on the Dragon too

FWIW, 4005 people completed the Marmotte last year, 5300 this year, and the standard was better-my gold 1100th position time last year would have been 1700th this year!

Congratulations on a great ride yourself
    “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best..." Ernest Hemingway
  • bahzob
    Ken Night wrote:
    Good stuff Martin-very complete guide, painstakingly written...is that just a personal record or are you going to use it for something?

Thanks: Had some time to kill post Marmotte so wrote it up as reminder to myself in case I do it again and as info for anyone planning to do for first time as I did this year.
    Martin S. Newbury RC