Getting my new bike this week

bonk man
bonk man Posts: 1,054
edited July 2008 in The bottom bracket
Van Nicholas Amazon is arriving in the next day or two.. I am well excited..... So is the wife's credit card :shock:

The question is ......
Are you jealous?
Club rides are for sheep

Comments

• ChrisLS
    ChrisLS Posts: 2,749
    ...there is nothing better in this world than a new bike :D ...it take months before a new bike feels right, and feels like my bike...bought a new one last year, feels like mine now. Over the years I have found they need a lot of breaking in...

enjoy your new bike bonk man... :D 8)
    ...all the way...'til the wheels fall off and burn...
  • idaviesmoore
    idaviesmoore Posts: 557
    I used to have a Van Nicholls. Had to sell it it made me feel sick!!?? Bizaar but true...must have been the titanium......sorry didn't mean to p*ss on your party :oops: It'll be fantastic!!
    'How can an opinion be bullsh1t?' High Fidelity
  • bonk man
    idaviesmoore it was the credit card bill that made you feel sick and the feeling that you couldn't quite justify to yourself and others having such a swanky machine so had to go back to riding some peasant persons steel frame :twisted: :wink::lol:
    Club rides are for sheep
  • Nuggs
    Nuggs Posts: 1,804
    Shed you say? Standard wooden construction?

So... are you going to be out at all over the weekend?
  • bonk man
    Might be riding my bike on Sunday, why do you ask Nuggs.

My shed is proper brick built with a thief foiling outward opening door and decent lock.... I do have wooden sheds full of fixed wheel beasts to catch out the unwary cycle nicking local pikie.... ooooooops over the bars......you nasty little unwashed oik :twisted:
    Club rides are for sheep
  • on the road
    on the road Posts: 5,631
    Am I bovvered
  • bonk man
    ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh
    Got me new bike, it is allowed in the lounge as it is so clean and sparkly... not for long I would warrant :D ..........

Rats though,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I have to do a wedding photo job tomorrow so will have to wait to build it up so might not be sorted for Sundays club ride, never mind...................
    Patience is bitter but the rewards are sweet... as they say.
    Club rides are for sheep
  • bobpzero
    bobpzero Posts: 1,431
    no man, i was hoping u were gettin a rans stratus (recumbent), anyways hav a good time with it. & see if u can accidently shred ur wife's credit card or just put in it in a blender :D why not get a debit card?
  • bonk man
    Cheaper to do it on the credit card at 0 % as long as it gets paid off fairly rapidly which it will as I was owed a fair chunk and have some photo work this summer.. Try and keep the debit card in the black so the swine bankers can't get any money out of you :D

What on earth would I want a recumbent for :P ...... can't see over the hedges and we have a lot of hedges round here :D
    Club rides are for sheep
  • idaviesmoore
    idaviesmoore Posts: 557
    bonk man wrote:
    idaviesmoore it was the credit card bill that made you feel sick and the feeling that you couldn't quite justify to yourself and others having such a swanky machine so had to go back to riding some peasant persons steel frame :twisted: :wink::lol:

:roll: How did you know that???
    'How can an opinion be bullsh1t?' High Fidelity
  • bonk man
    :P
    Club rides are for sheep