Older Model Purchase Help

lakitu
lakitu Posts: 9
edited July 2008 in Road beginners
Hi, I am new to road biking and want to purchase my first bike. I have been doing my own research online and have tried bikes instore. I have been told it is wise to purchase older models 07, 06 as they have a similar spec but are cheaper.

The problem is I cannot seem to find many online. I am interested in a Bianchi C2C or B4P or other similar bikes around the £700 - £1000 mark. Can anyone recommend me an online store where you can purchase older models? Thank you.

Comments

• daz51
    daz51 Posts: 159
    I know Evans cycles do older year bikes. I saw one 2006 the other day.

This time of year also is where 2008 bikes start to be replaced with next year bikes. Certainly over the coming months this will be happning
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,538
    Paulscycles, and winstanleys also stock a lot of older bikes.

Winstanleys generally have a bad rep (from other postings on this forum), BUT, a mate ordered a hybrid bike off them a couple of weeks ago, had good comms from the company, and it was delivered within 7 days to his home, easily within the timeframe they said it would be.

Dan
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • meagain
    meagain Posts: 2,331
    If your size and if you don't mind Giant (can't see why anyone would!), some good prices on 2007 SCRs at paulscycles. A while ago, but I've bought a couple of bikes and a frame from them and had good service.
    d.j.
    "Cancel my subscription to the resurrection."
  • Hornetto
    Hornetto Posts: 141
    I just bought the 07 Specialized Allez Sport from Paulscycles - at £500 it was £200 cheaper than the 08 model which I tried in my LBS and very similar spec. It is my first road bike too, so like you I was advised that the older model could be good for me. It feels exactly the same (only difference seems to be the colour!).

It arrived in 2 days from when I ordered it (free delivery too!), and I couldn't be happier.
    Never argue with an idiot - they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience
  • lakitu
    lakitu Posts: 9
    Ah I have seen a couple of good deals on those sites, thank you. Unfortunetly the more I research the harder this is becoming.
  • huggy
    huggy Posts: 242
    De Ver Cycles is good for older frames :)