Skip or save

bagpusscp
bagpusscp Posts: 2,907
edited July 2008 in Road general
Normally i save them.This one appears to have been repaired before .So a mini poll .
Claud Butler International .Circa 1949/1950.
A /skip.
B/Save
http://www.flickr.com/photos/74418119@N ... otostream/
bagpuss

Comments

• Fixed Wheelnut
    Fixed Wheelnut Posts: 2,267
    That looks like a previous repair below that break :(

If you want it to ride I'd say scrap it if you want it as a display bike then fix it up.
  • bonk man
    bonk man Posts: 1,054
    I would weld it up and use it.. but then I do have a tame weldy/brazy mate...whats the worst that can happen? Bottom bracket fall on the floor and be laughing stock on the club ride :lol:

Seriously though if you want it to have another home, I have a lad looking for a steel bike [ yours looks like his size] in any condition to have a go at road riding and I really do have a frame repair person who can repair it fairly cheaply.
    Let me know, cheers.
    Club rides are for sheep
  • peejay78
    peejay78 Posts: 3,378
    be shame to lose a lugless early frame like that.
  • gkerr4
    gkerr4 Posts: 3,408
    a) skip
  • NervexProf
    NervexProf Posts: 4,202
    bonk man wrote:
    I would weld it up and use it.. but then I do have a tame weldy/brazy mate...whats the worst that can happen? Bottom bracket fall on the floor and be laughing stock on the club ride :lol:

Seriously though if you want it to have another home, I have a lad looking for a steel bike [ yours looks like his size] in any condition to have a go at road riding and I really do have a frame repair person who can repair it fairly cheaply.
    Let me know, cheers.

Not easy to repair - fillet brazing puts a lot of heat on the converging tubes - heating and removing the seat tube, bracket shell - and then re-brazing would put a lot of stress on down tube and chainstays. Looks like there is another crack on the inside of the right hand chainstay too.

Would take someone with a lot of skill to effect a safe repair.

Skip - sadly!
    Common sense in an uncommon degree is what the world calls wisdom
  • meagain
    meagain Posts: 2,331
    I really don't think that you need THAT one Paul. Everything reaches its end eventually - that frame has done so. It's only a bike after all.
    d.j.
    "Cancel my subscription to the resurrection."
  • meagain
    meagain Posts: 2,331
    PS "I have a lad looking for a steel bike [ yours looks like his size] in any condition to have a go at road riding"

WHAT size, bonkman? I've a 22-22 1/2" Carlton all 531 Butted and sound as a bell. Fiver to clear space if you can collect from Nottingham.
    d.j.
    "Cancel my subscription to the resurrection."
  • bonk man
    meagain wrote:
    PS "I have a lad looking for a steel bike [ yours looks like his size] in any condition to have a go at road riding"

WHAT size, bonkman? I've a 22-22 1/2" Carlton all 531 Butted and sound as a bell. Fiver to clear space if you can collect from Nottingham.

PM sent....
    Club rides are for sheep
  • bonk man
    meagain god what a misery guts you are :evil:
    Club rides are for sheep