Great Noth Bike Ride

teulk
teulk Posts: 557
Anyone doing this ride next month from Seahouses to Tynemouth ? If you've done it in the past whats the route like ?
Boardman Team 09 HT
Orbea Aqua TTG CT 2010
Specialized Secteur Elite 2011

Comments

• teulk
    Im guessing no one is doing it or has done it then :)
    Boardman Team 09 HT
    Orbea Aqua TTG CT 2010
  • Ghengis
    Ghengis Posts: 90
    Did this 3 years ago. The route isn't too bad - about 50 miles or so. Could be better though as it runs down the coastal route which can be quite busy as the day goes on. It would IMO have been better to use the Coast & Castles sustrans route as this takes in more scenic and quieter roads (especially if you use the off road sections of a MTB). They may well do this now!! It's well organised though, there is food and drink available at the start and when we did it Red Bull drinks on route. Medal & T Shirt at the end. I hope the prevailling wind is less severe than when I did it, head wind all the way.

I live nearby in Alnwick so ride these roads and trails regularly so won't be bothering with this ride. Have fun if you do it though.
    Nearly there, just over this hill and round the next corner...

2005 Specialized Rockhopper Disc
    2009 Giant Defy 2.5
  • teulk
    Thanks for that :D
    Boardman Team 09 HT
    Orbea Aqua TTG CT 2010
  • Ghengis
    Ghengis Posts: 90
    So are you doing it then?
    Nearly there, just over this hill and round the next corner...

2005 Specialized Rockhopper Disc
    2009 Giant Defy 2.5
  • teulk
    Hopefully, me and 3 others from work are looking at doing it - tbh i'll probably still do it even if they decide not to. I cycle roughly about 20miles 3 - 4 times a week. Ive done afew 30mile rides and a 40mile ride do i guess i should be ok for the distance. Im not bothered too much about doing it in a super fast time - i just want to do it and finish it.
    Boardman Team 09 HT
    Orbea Aqua TTG CT 2010
  • campagchris
    campagchris Posts: 773
    You should be able to do it without any problems,as theirs no hills of any significance.If its a s.e./s.w.wind you might find it hard work.Your doing it for a good cause so enjoy it.
  • teulk
    No hills of any significance but plenty of long inclines and short sharp banks..............well over the first 20miles or so.
    Boardman Team 09 HT
    Orbea Aqua TTG CT 2010