Knee Pain

SteveR_100Milers
SteveR_100Milers Posts: 5,987
My knee hs become very sore again on the outside on the tibia, which I think is the lower end of the lateral collateral ligament. It's painful when I walk, or kneel. I suspect that its a symptom of changing saddle height (i'm trying to get a flat backed aero position for TTing) though the saddle is not *technically* too high. Anyone got any advice from experience etc? I think I may have made too big an adjustment too quickly maybe....

Comments

• winkywonky
    winkywonky Posts: 228
    One thing to check is the pedal itself, if it's older the bearings may have gone which can cause knee problems.
  • Cajun
    Cajun Posts: 1,048
    http://www.cptips.com/knee.htm
    Before making adjustments to the seat post height, place tape on the post:
    a) touching the frame for raising the post.
    b) a few mm above the frame for lowering the post.
    This eliminates major errors when loosening the post :D
    Cajun
  • onabike
    onabike Posts: 68
    I am a fellow suffer of knee pain ( just posted myself for help :wink: )

Notice you time trial. I've read that the aero time trialling position can contribute to a shortening /tightening of the ITB. Maybe some stretching and self-massage of the ITB band would help.

Using Speedplay zero pedals really helped my road biking as they provide good float. I can now usually cycle 50-70 miles on my road bike without any problems. It's the mountain biking thats giving me gip these days.

I've never really sorted mine and it is a bit of an ongoing battle, though it comes and goes.