BIKE.EYE

feaseyrider
feaseyrider Posts: 32
edited July 2008 in Commuting chat
hi all :D
whilst commuting home today i saw a van advertising BIKE.EYE as i'm looking for a mirror for added safety this looked revolutionary after a quick look at the .COM website i thought i'd throw it open to the forum..
many thanks
martin

happy commute :)

Comments

• jethro924
    jethro924 Posts: 49
    Ride like you own the road. Concentrate on what is ahead. Don't worry about what you have passed. Ride in such a manner that traffic has to move around you.

Therefore you shouldn't need any mirror b*****k's :lol:

If people see you looking behind they take it as a sign of weakness and will try to eliminate you.

Spit and empty your nostrils regularily without looking behind when you know that somebody is about to pass in their nice clean BMW! (or if you suspect somebody is having a free ride in your slipstream) :lol:
  • snooks
    snooks Posts: 1,521
    jethro924 wrote:
    Spit and empty your nostrils regularily without looking behind when you know that somebody is about to pass in their nice clean BMW! (or if you suspect somebody is having a free ride in your slipstream) :lol:

Or maybe some one is about to overtake you :shock: ....Gob on the inside, that way you'll only get dogs and kids in pushchairs :wink:
    FCN:5, 8 & 9
    If I'm not riding I'm shooting http://grahamsnook.com
    THE Game
    Watch out for HGVs
  • markybhoy67
    markybhoy67 Posts: 346
    :lol::lol:

I have just ordered one of these, will let you know what they are like once I have tested it out.
  • RufusA
    RufusA Posts: 500
    I wonder has well this will work with someone who has thunder thighs and prefers baggies. Looks like a good idea though, and a lot less distracting than hanging something from the helmet!

Rufus.
  • karl j
    karl j Posts: 517
    doesn't turning your head round fulfil the same function ? (and that also works if you have panniers)
    Morning route (when i don't get the train)

Evening route ,
  • I have a bike eye mirror, it's brilliant, really does give a good view to the rear.
    And if you are so inclined you can check out your pouch too :shock:
    If you see the candle as flame, the meal is already cooked.
    Photography, Google Earth, Route 30
  • RufusA
    RufusA Posts: 500
    And if you are so inclined you can check out your pouch too :shock:

:? :shock:

Can you alter the angle of the mirror so you can enjoy any lycra clad lovelies catching bees in your slip stream?

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... t=12576044

Rufus.
  • RufusA wrote:
    Can you alter the angle of the mirror so you can enjoy any lycra clad lovelies catching bees in your slip stream?

Oh Yes :D
    Sadly I am out in the boonies, and just don't see that many other cyclists, but if I did see lycra clad lovelies I am sure the mirror would be adjusted appropriately :D
    If you see the candle as flame, the meal is already cooked.
    Photography, Google Earth, Route 30