Time Attack pedals

andyturner28
andyturner28 Posts: 1,225
edited July 2008 in MTB workshop & tech
Hey guy's, me again :)

I have some Time Attack pedals which i think have run dry. How do you go about lubricating the bearings. I removed the plastic bit on the outside of the pedal yesterday and noticed a nut, is it just a case of unscrewing this, removing the pedal and packing it with grease?

Cheers,

Andy.

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    You can get away with that , but be carefull only loosen the nut a couple of turns and try not to move the body about to much . to get grease in try and get a syringe [boots the chemists or your local vets ] may be able to help and just keep pumping in the grease till it comes out the other side , then tighten the nut upmaking sure you don't tighten it up to tight ,then pack the plastic cap and push it on. i do this about once a year and my Atac's have been going for 13 years now.
  • andyturner28
    13 years :shock: I think i will get bored of them and change well before that long :) I am a bit confused though as the main reason i changed from my old peddals was because these are supposed to be easily re-greased, i.e. has a grease port somewhere. On mine when you unscrew the plastic end cap the whole peddal moves about a centimetre outwards, so do i just move the rubber seal thingy on the crank end and squirt grease in there?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Sorry not sure then what year yours are , mine don't have a grease port ,you should look for a thing that looks like the end of a ballpoint pen ,you will need a pumpaction grease gun to get the grease in to the pedal but you shouldn't have to undo the pedal to do this , you can grt the grease gun from [ halfords or any motorist centre ] they only cost a couple of £s. I had mine this long as they are the best for when its muddy as it does'nt get trapped in the cleats and i can switch to my Egg beater pedals without changing my cleats/shoes when the weather's decent , but i'm looking at getting the carbon one's but will wait a while till the reveiws are in and the cost comes down a bit.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    On mine when you unscrew the plastic end cap the whole peddal moves about a centimetre outwards,

i dont know the pedals but that does not sound right.

have you looked on Times webby for an exploded view?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • andyturner28
    nicklouse wrote:
    On mine when you unscrew the plastic end cap the whole peddal moves about a centimetre outwards,

i dont know the pedals but that does not sound right.

have you looked on Times webby for an exploded view?

Yeah i had a look on the site, but it was all roadie stuff, nothing about MTB pedals. Is there another site for the MTB stuff?