Find this hanger, and you are a god!

tony22237
tony22237 Posts: 7
edited July 2008 in MTB workshop & tech
Hey,

This hanger is off of an Easton Elite 7005 Aluminium frame, hovewever Easton claim that they do not make the dropouts for their frames and cannot give me any leads. Nobody seems to have ever seen this hanger anywhere! I have looked at numerous hanger websites but none of the hangers match it.

Could say its my one and only!

Has anyone ever seen this hanger or have any idea where I could purchase one?

KIF_4947.jpg
KIF_4949.jpg

Regards,

Tony :-)

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    and a picture of the full bike?

oh and if you cant find one on www.betd.co.uk they can make to order.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • tony22237
    Hi,

Sorry i do not have a picture of the bike at the moment - its not with me. I have emailed BEDT, will let you know what they say,

Thank you
  • nicklouse
    you did send them pics :wink: they will also need your old one if they can help.

but if they can not. you could always go for a hone mech and a 10mm axle...

(new mech and and hub will be needed).
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • tony22237
    What exactly is a "Hone" Mech?

Thanks
  • nicklouse
    look on shimano webby for the Hone or the Saint group sets.

More hard core but they attach to the Axle rather than a mech hanger, but they do need there hubs to be compatible.
  • tony22237
    I like the idea, so is there no risk is using this for off road riding? Isn't that what the hangers are for in the first place?

Thanks again!
  • nicklouse
    tony22237 wrote:
    I like the idea, so is there no risk is using this for off road riding? Isn't that what the hangers are for in the first place?

Thanks again!

well that is part of the debate. it was thought that something stronger was needed so the mech was attached to the axle.
  • Evil_Cod
    Evil_Cod Posts: 35
    Just watch ebay. I snapped one a while back and got a replacement on there.
  • Dazzza
    Dazzza Posts: 2,364
    Looks very similar to a tomac moah hanger.

http://www.betd.co.uk/items.asp?Categor ... 2FDropouts
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
    Giant Anthem X
  • tony22237
    That Tomac one does look similar, but its the closest i have seen.

I really like the idea of the Hone set, not too expensive either, however apparantly the hub requires the dropouts to be between 7-10mm thick which i am unsure mine are, as you can see from the picture it drops in alot where the hanger should go, may be less than 7mm. :-(

I suppose this is the problem with having a old bike. I just do not want to waste it, the frame is incredibly durable and LIGHT!
  • nicklouse
    add a washer or two to the axle.
  • tony22237
    is that really safe though?

Thanks for all of your suggestions,

Tony