Could someone identify this bike pleeze.

korky
korky Posts: 85
edited July 2008 in MTB buying advice
Could someone identify this bike, year & how much it might be worth in half decent nick?

Ta

bike.jpg
[/img]
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result" Winston Churchill.

Comments

• Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    Specialized Hardrock XC, dunno the year, about £150
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    that looks exactly like my hardrock xc, which is a 2006 model. i think this is the only year they did that shape frame in that colour too so quite sure its a 2006
  • korky
    edited June 2008
    Cheers for those quick replies.

May be able to get this off bloke for £50 - £60.

I love a billy bargain :-)
    "There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result" Winston Churchill.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    spesh do have an archive of their bikes back to 2002

http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCBkMode ... spid=21696
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • korky
    Cheers

It is the 2006 Hardrock XC.

Any idea how much these cost when new?
  • korky
    Right then met the bloke & bought the bike for £50.

The bike is immaculate.

I'm usually one who believes that if it looks too good to be true it probably is...............so have I bought a knocked off bike.

Chap seemed plausible enough - I have his mobile number & his car registration/make/model he was driving when I met him.

I even called the local police before meeting him to ask if they were able to tell me if any Specialized bikes reported stolen recently......they werent much help to be honest.

Or am I just being paranoid ??
  • beski
    beski Posts: 542
    I think you've done all you can, the frame number for the police is the only other thing i can think of, but it doesn't sound like they're interested. Just enjoy your luck/bargain.
    If you're really paranoid you'd start worrying about someone coming up to you & saying that the bike is theirs when you are out on it! :twisted:
    Giant Defy 4 2014
    GT Avalanche Expert 2006
    Specialized Hardrock 1989
  • korky
    Its strange, been able to have a good look at the bike today - It looks as if it was ridden home from the bike shop and put in a cupboard for 2 years.....

The cassette is gleaming silver, the tyres appear to have no wear at all and the paintwork (once dust polished off) is showroom condition without any of the marks you would expect from even light use.

All seems a bit odd.............

But nice odd :-)
  • BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    Must be a cut 'n shut...
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs
  • korky
    That'll explain the welds between the black and red bits of the frame :-)
  • strodey
    strodey Posts: 481
    thats one 'hot' bike :lol:
    Carbon is a mans best freind