Landis loses appeal

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited July 2008 in Pro race
And ordered to pay $100K costs.
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,069
    More here;

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id= ... jun30news3

I wonder what Landis' response will be?
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    Good...the $100k will sink him financially I guess...I guess he will be limited to minor stage races over that side of the ocean now
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    For some reason, floydlandis.com appears to be unavailable. Perhaps he can't pay his ISP?
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    he'll be ok-hes got a job for life as a model for garden gnomes
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Dave_1 wrote:
    Good...the $100k will sink him financially I guess...I guess he will be limited to minor stage races over that side of the ocean now

My guess is he'll line out with Rock Racing for the start of the 2009 season.
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • z000m
    z000m Posts: 544
    if he comes clean he can move forward otherwise hes going have this hanging over his head forever.
  • z000m wrote:
    if he comes clean he can move forward otherwise hes going have this hanging over his head forever.
    Should be hanging over his head whether he comes clean or not, i don't get how cycling will change if all you have to do is fes up so we can all go "aaww hes a nice guy really & now hes admitted it he'll never do it again so thats ok"
  • z000m
    z000m Posts: 544
    i know what your saying but forgiveness has to start somewhere.
    Should be hanging over his head whether he comes clean or not, i don't get how cycling will change if all you have to do is fes up so we can all go "aaww hes a nice guy really & now hes admitted it he'll never do it again so thats ok"
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    z000m wrote:

I agree wholeheartedly. It may not do him any good, but it may help cycling out of the mess it's in at the moment. He, and others like him, need to spill the beans on all involved.
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    bipedal wrote:
    The former mountain-biker pulled on the final winner's yellow jersey in Paris, following in the footstep of former team leader Lance Armstrong, but four days later was notified that he had tested positive for testosterone.

What's that supposed to mean then ? :lol:

Perhaps I'm making 2 + 2 = 25 !
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    iain, shouldn't you have a "spolier" in the thread title? I was looking forard to getting home from work and watching the highlights on Judge Judy...
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,741
    Landis will follow the lead of those who invented the myth of the anti-American conspiracy and continue his denial.
    It's the nature of the beast, unfortunately. Self-preservation in any form, put before the good of the sport.

At least this mess is finally (more or less) finished, before it could cast a shadow over the Tour.
    That will be down to the UCI's dirty tricks department. :roll:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Salsiccia
    Salsiccia Posts: 405
    z000m wrote:

Perhaps he really believes he's innocent. And perhaps he is, perhaps he's not - but I don't think he was ever likely to win this one, even if he was clean. Too many political issues to let it happen.
    I was only joking when I said
    by rights you should be bludgeoned in your bed
  • blazing_saddles
    and then again, hardly unexpected.......

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080630/ap_ ... dis_appeal
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    "Cycling has moved on already," said Pat McQuaid, president of cycling's world governing body. "It just puts this episode behind us now, we can forget it."

:roll: The UCI should not be forgetting this, it should be learning a lot of lessons and seeking a full explanation from Landis. Trust Hein McQuaid to keep sweeping things under the carpet.

I hope someone can now create the Floyd Fairness Fund v. 2, to sue this liar and dope cheat and recover the funds donated by duped supporters. Also I'm now hoping Aurelio can come here with some eloquent contribution about how the the story reflects not French anti-Americanism but American anti-French sentiment, that many American fans live in denial and prefer to resort to prejudice to support their crumbling arguments.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    I wonder if he'll take it to the supreme court in the US. I recall reading part of the reason to go to a CAS appeal is you can't take something like this to a normal court in the US unless you've exhausted all other options.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • blazing_saddles
    It's a funny old world when, on one thread we have Paul Kimmage getting accused of dragging the sport through the mud, by asking awkward questions on dodgy dopers.
    While at the same time, we have Floyd Landis upheld as some kind of hero, (admittedly, not many on this forum) for challenging his obvious guilt, with every dirty trick, in and out of the legal book.

No wonder we can't get our house in order.
  • wasp707
    wasp707 Posts: 116
    It's a shame it all took so long. That should vindicate the Chatenay-Malabry Lab.

And a big CONGRATULATIONS to Oscar Pereiro, 2006 Tour de France winner.
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    Except Oscar wouldn't have won it without Landis, as the whole race would have been turned on its head. Pereiro isn't really a GT contender and he'll be an anomaly as a winner
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    YAAAAYYY!!!!!!! :D:D:D

excellent - now 'd'uck off and go away floyd
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • donrhummy
    donrhummy Posts: 2,329
    Very good article on the case and the finding against Landis:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/cycling/c ... id=3468423

Surprisingly, it's from ESPN which usually hates cycling. But this piece is pretty even-handed toward both sides.