Cove Handjob or On One Scandal

thatscold
thatscold Posts: 50
edited July 2008 in MTB buying advice
I am looking to replace my Trek 6500 21.5" frame with a smaller size, and have seen positive reviews of both the Cove HJ and On One Scandal. The Scandal is cheaper than the Cove (although they don't seem to be in stock).

How would these frames compare with my current frame? Which would you recommend, or should I be looking at other manufactures?

It will be mainly used for single track trails and small jumps etc. I am 6'1" and 95kg.

Thanks

Comments

• Bikerbaboon
    Bikerbaboon Posts: 1,017
    good thing have been said about both frames. also have a look at the on one 456 frame as thats good as well.

are you goingto port all the running gear across from your old bike ?
    Nothing in life can not be improved with either monkeys, pirates or ninjas
  • thatscold
    I am hoping to move the parts from my current bike. I guess there will be certain compatability issues, I am also planning to buy a new suspension fork.
  • Splasher
    Splasher Posts: 1,528
    I would class the two frames as for different use - the handjob being a good allround longer forked trail bike, the scandal being a shorter forked XC bike.

If one of those descriptions fits your needs better than the other that may help although there are other bike to consider in either category.
    "Internet Forums - an amazing world where outright falsehoods become cyber-facts with a few witty key taps and a carefully placed emoticon."
  • BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    The Scandal is designed for forks up to 130mm, but in general it is a lighter more XC focused machine. The Pace 305 is a lovely frame although very expensive. I would also look at the Cotic Soul
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    Scandal for XC otherwise Cove (good choice).
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • thatscold
    Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your replies. Well, I've spent some money today on a Pace RC303, now I know that this has been superseeded by the 305 but the price seemed ok so I brought it! (A little trip to the evans sale, don't tell the wife!).

I am thinking about matching it with a Rockshox Revelation 426 which Merlin has on offer, any thoughts?

Thanks again
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    Went to Merlin last week and saw a bike with these on - they look good. Like Pikes but lighter and without the 20mm bolt through. You won't get anything better value. They'd go well with your frame. Merlin do some good value groupsets too.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • ratty2k
    ratty2k Posts: 3,872
    :lol: Like a pike, but err not! Less travel and no 20mm bolt thro' :lol:
    The revelation is a good fork, you wouldn't be dissapointed.
    My Pics !

Whadda ya mean I dont believe in god?
    I talk to him everyday....