Singing

Phekdra
Phekdra Posts: 137
edited June 2008 in The bottom bracket
Would you believe that four hours of riding this morning was accompanied by the song Nellie the Elephant going round and round in my head, only with the word incredible replaced by the word indelible. :shock: Not even a few renditions of Nightfall Infernal by Morgion and my usual head down staple of Led Zeppelin's Achilles Last Stand could get rid of it.

It's totally gone now - I can't even remember the words... just something about elephants. I'm seriously not looking forward to my ride in to work on Monday. :(

Phekdra

Comments

• attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    Known as earworms, like the guy in "touching the void" who had "brown girl in the ring" playing whilst he struggled to get off the mountain.

I get afflicted with them too, had "I know a song that gets on your nerves" with me all the way through the British Cyclosportive last year aaaagggggggggggggh
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • robmanic1
    robmanic1 Posts: 2,150
    It's the reason I ride with my MP3 if I'm riding alone (yes, it's highly dangerous blah, blah, blah!), at least you get to choose the songs. A prolonged bout of "I've got a brand-new combine harvester" was enough to convince me!
    Pictures are better than words because some words are big and hard to understand.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34335188@N07/3336802663/
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Robmanic1 wrote:
    It's the reason I ride with my MP3 if I'm riding alone (yes, it's highly dangerous blah, blah, blah!), at least you get to choose the songs. A prolonged bout of "I've got a brand-new combine harvester" was enough to convince me!

are you me? :lol:

I find if there is a song in your head and it wont go away maybe one song can help... the A-Team theme tune

it clears the other songs and wont linger... but there will be a void of noise in your head
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14