Back in the saddle!

Underscore
Underscore Posts: 730
edited June 2008 in Commuting chat
Mid-May I came off my MTB on the (off-road) way to work and broke my collar bone quite badly amongst other things (unconscious for ~15minutes, stiches, nerve damage...) and I've had the last two weeks off as paternity leave; so today has been my first ride in since that fateful day... and it was great! :D

Zipping along on my nice new Gatorskins (replaced the old Spesh Nimbus Armadillos - the Gatorskins seem a lot faster rolling; I just hope that they can give me something close to the 3000 miles of p******e-free cycling that the Armadillos did) with the sun beating down, it was fantastic - and mostly pain-free so I should be able to keep doing it. God, I'd forgotten how hard it is when you first start though!

Just felt like I had to share,

_

Comments

• Underscore wrote:
    Mid-May I came off my MTB on the (off-road) way to work and broke my collar bone quite badly

So there a good way of breaking a collar bone? :roll:
    Sorry just plain silly, it's Monday, and it's quiet.

Good to be back in the saddle isn't it?
    If you see the candle as flame, the meal is already cooked.
    Photography, Google Earth, Route 30
  • ChrisLS
    ChrisLS Posts: 2,749
    ...good for you underscore...back on the bike...keep riding and try to stay upright...
    ...all the way...'til the wheels fall off and burn...
  • snooks
    snooks Posts: 1,521

Until tomorrow when you realise how long you've been out of the saddle and all the bits that weren't tender are now :shock:
    FCN:5, 8 & 9
    If I'm not riding I'm shooting http://grahamsnook.com
    THE Game
    Watch out for HGVs
  • Underscore
    Underscore Posts: 730
    snooks wrote:

Until tomorrow when you realise how long you've been out of the saddle and all the bits that weren't tender are now :shock:

Good point. I hadn't thought of that... As long my shoulder is more painful than anything in contact with the saddle, I'll be cycling in again tomorrow; otherwise, I might leave it for a bit. :shock:

_