Scales stuck at 15st 6lb

wilderbeest
wilderbeest Posts: 21
Hello folks, I'm new to the forum and to cycling so apologies in advance if this has been covered before.

I was 19st 4lb a couple of years ago (i'm 6'1") and lost a couple of stones mainly through hillwalking....I stayed at 17 1/2 stone for a good while until Ive taken up cycling recently....not serious cycling, just a bit of road stuff on an old mountain bike....anyway, blah de blah....I've lost 2 stones in a couple of months by eating a reasonably balanced diet and doing some miles on the bike most days. This varies from when I started at about 7 miles a day but recently I've upped it to around 15-20 miles on most days, and even done a 44 mile ride a few days ago.

...anyway to cut a long story short....I'm stuck at 15.6 for the last fortnight and I cant believe this is just due to muscle build up, though I do feel stronger. I'm quite happy with my body shape, but cant get that final bit off my belly and a wee bit under my chin.....ideally I'd like to get to around 13.5 stone

any advice on how to start the ball rolling again greatly appreciated

Comments

• ChrisLS
    ChrisLS Posts: 2,749
    Hi Wilderbeast,

...weight loss does seem to get slower after the initial loss, but wow you have made a cracking start! What I would suggest is eat a good diet of fresh food, plenty of fruit and veg, not too much booze or none if you can. Get a road bike and do some regular longish steady rides that will burn off fat. I'm no expert, this is just from my experience...I used to weigh sixteen and a half stone and now weigh twelve stone eleven. Don't be too impatient you will get there if you keep at it... :)

Keep riding,

Chris
    ...all the way...'til the wheels fall off and burn...
  • Thanks for the reply Chrisls.....yes, it is probably impatience on my part, I'll just keep banging in the miles. Planning on doing most of the west highland way in a week or two on my MTB over three days, then cutting over to Dunoon, but road(ish) stuff is more my bag....plenty of quietish roads up here in Scotland. A raleigh Royal has caught my eye at 415 quid but can't really justify much more than that for a galaxy or something.....my MTB has been ok for a fair milage so far, though obviously not ideal.

I've certainly caught the bug anyway, that's for sure
  • Thanks for the reply Chrisls.....yes, it is probably impatience on my part, I'll just keep banging in the miles. Planning on doing most of the west highland way in a week or two on my MTB over three days, then cutting over to Dunoon, but road(ish) stuff is more my bag....plenty of quietish roads up here in Scotland. A raleigh Royal has caught my eye at 415 quid but can't really justify much more than that for a galaxy or something.....my MTB has been ok for a fair milage so far, though obviously not ideal.

• oops :oops:
  • dunker
    dunker Posts: 1,503
    sittups/crunches, they're boring and they hurt but i would think they would shift the excess you want off, start doing a few sets of push-ups a day too, they only take a minute :)
  • Well, thanks dunker....trying to avoid sit ups etc is probably why I went for cycling as a form of exertion but I guess I'm slowly coming to the realisation that this is what I need to remove the last bit of gut......I was heavy before but I'm quite big framed so its not exactly as if I've been covered in hanging flesh.......as an ex serviceman I guess I've done enough sit ups to know they are an overrated experience as far as a leisure activity goes......I guess I'll just need to bite the bullet.
  • colsa
    colsa Posts: 50
    Well done on a massive weight loss so far wilder.

Obviously to lose weight, you have to burn off more calories than you take in daily, obviously exercise helps, if you're only getting out on ya bike twice a week, then go to your local gym and hit the cardio for the other 2 or 3 days of the week, beware of lifting weights, muscle is heavier than fat, and ofcourse it depends what job you do, if your a hod carrier than......well, im sure you understand what i mean, also beware of a false diet..eg, dont eat fruit ontop of other food, it will just sit there and ferment and its bad for you, fruit must be eaten on an empty stomach, drink lots of water to help the fat burning process, and dont eat after 8 pm, you have done bloody excellent so far, im in the same boat mate, its hard, but im also feeling the benefits.

google fruit calories and eating/training weight loss tips, some great stuff out there.

small portions

p.s. sit up wont remove flab,,,, sit ups only build up your abs and strengthen your stomach, which is ecellent for cycling,
  • Pippen33
    Pippen33 Posts: 235
    Thought you were loosing muscle colsa, rather than fat? Different boat if you ask me. And fruit = fructose which is absorbed very quickly and full of fibre which will help your ass out.
    spammer
  • colsa
    Yeah pippen, im losing muscle and fat, its been going well, definately fruit on an empty stomach though.

Losing muscle mass and losing fat a different boat ?

Yes, no argument, both dead basic though, to reduce muscle mass you just stop lifting as heavy, if your not pressing 150k anymore then your chest and triceps wont need to be that big , so they naturaly reduce in size .

To lose fat just reduce your calorie intake and hit the cardio.

Anyway, well done so far wilderbeest
  • Pippen33
    But being a bodybuilder, professional or semi wouldn't you have a bodyfat % of around 5-8 which is already very low?

Which protein has the highest BV?
    spammer
  • colsa
    This time last year i was 17 stone 4 lbs, that was this time "last year" pippen, ive been gradualy reducing my muscle mass over this period, pro or am bodybuilders only have a low bodyfat % when they are competing, maybe a few weeks of the year.

Whey protein has the highest bv.
  • colsa
    Quite a few of my friends used to compete, and some still do, and its impossible for them to look at their best for 52 weeks of the year, they just wouldn't have the energy to train, the day of competition for a bodybuilder is the day he is totaly ripped, hes at his weakest and lightest, one guy i used to train with is over 18 stone, he drops almost 2 stone when he is competing.
  • Pippen33
    The protein with highest biological value is egg white, which is 100. The highest you can get. Whey protein comes from cows milk and is around 91.

2st from 18st is a lot of weight, the guy must of shifted a lot of fat.
    spammer
  • colsa
    You're a bell end son.
  • colsa
    So you know you need to increase your protein, but what is the best source?
    Proteins vary in their ability to supply high quality amino acids for muscle building within the body, based on their biological value (or BV). The higher the BV, the more effective the protein source. Whey protein (a refined and isolated protein derived from cow's milk) is considered by scientists to be the ultimate protein, due to its high concentration of essential, non-essential and branch chain amino acids; and has a higher BV than casein, chicken or egg protein.
  • Surf-Matt
    Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
    Pippen - I'm intrigued.
    Despite presenting no evidence of doing any form of weight training yourself, you still seem to take much delight in "correcting" Colsa, who has clearly achieved an awful lot, and me, who has spent over half my life lifting weights and training like mad.

Are you able to actually ask for or give useful advice or just try and trip everyone else up all the time? You have already made a tit of yourself on at least two occasions - do you plan to carry on?

You remind me of the All the gear but no idea chubby riders with a £4k bike and all the talk that can barely climb a small hillock without collapsing.

Nice one Wliderbeest - afraid I've only really done weight gain rather than loss (although I did trim a bit off a while back for fitness purposes) but that's some good going.
  • Amos
    Amos Posts: 438
    As you said Wilderbeest, keep banging in the miles. If you keep your diet right the results will come. Giving yourself something to work towards, like the West Highland Way is ideal for motivation on days where you might not feel like doing anything. I find having something to work towards always helps me.

Most of all, keep enjoying what you are doing :)
  • Pippen33
    colsa wrote:
    You're a bell end son.

So is your lover, surf-matt. Is that royd-rage you're displaying?

Made a tit of myself surf-pratt??? in a forum, nah, I'm not that emotionally attached. This is a mtb forum loser, not a weight training forum, I'd smash your asses on any trail.

Go to work in a good mood tomorrow, and don't take the post so seriously, or you might have a heart atack.
    colsa wrote:
    Proteins vary in their ability to supply high quality amino acids for muscle building within the body, based on their biological value (or BV). The higher the BV, the more effective the protein source....

EDIT: I also notice your copied that passage about amino acids from maximuscle website http://www.maximuscle.com/research/whey ... teins.html plagiarism? copyright? naughty naughty!!!
    surf-pratt wrote:
    You remind me of the All the gear but no idea chubby riders with a £4k bike and all the talk that can barely climb a small hillock without collapsing.

Yes, I'm a chubby rider http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/2150428/ . Humongous infact. Addicted to food. Do no exercise, have no self-respect or discipline. Watch Sky TV all day, been on 10 crash diets, currently on the slim-fast diet. Snack between meals, on incapacity benefit because I'm morbidly obese, cannot get job, get more depressed, feel better after a block of cheese, blame everybody else, not my fault. On my way to diabetes, still not prepared to make change, dietician says stroke or heart attack next, still not prepared, may try atkins if I can be bothered... heart attack
    spammer
  • colsa
    Pippen.....You are a grade "A" tit.

You have hijacked this thread, you have not once congratulated Wilderbeest on his weight loss, and not once offered him any encouragement , motivation or advice.

All you have done is pick at other peoples posts, it is people like you that stop other people posting and joining in on the forum.

It is obvious that you are a "all the gear no idea" sort of loser.

I thought i better copy some info on whey protein from recognised scientists, because again, it is obvious that you aint got a clue what you're talking about. You are so full of bull it's laughable. Honestly, after reading your posts here and in my thread, i can only put your lack of knowledge down to you being 12 or 13 years old.

Lots of people will have read the 2 threads, and i recon everybody will be thinking what a tit you are.

I will not respond to anymore of your bull and lack of knowledge, infact here is abit of advice.....sign up at your local college for the fitness instructors course, 6 hours a week for roughly 30 weeks, you might learn a thing or two.

Oh, and if you want to smash peoples asses :lol: maybe a gay forum would be more your style :lol: as you have already said, this is a mtb forum, i'm not homophobic, just trying to point you in the right direction.

Ta ta skinny.
  • Pippen33
    Colsa you talk out your F*CKIN AR5E.
    Quite a few of my friends used to compete, and some still do, and its impossible for them to look at their best for 52 weeks of the year, they just wouldn't have the energy to train, the day of competition for a bodybuilder is the day he is totaly ripped

Arnold Schwarzenegger won 6 Mr. Olympia titles, *CONSECUTIVELY*............. DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS????

Also you didn't give credit to the pathetic morons from Maximuscle who wrote the article from which you you plagiarised. And also the reason they claim that Whey protein is higher in BV than egg white is because they're trying to sell the cheap SH1T to you. But because you're a pathetic moron also, you're prepared to believe that.

1. Wilderbeest shouldn't have been so greedy to have gained so much weight in the first place (no disrespect wilderbeest, honest)

2. If you knew what you were talking about you wouldn't have ripped off Maximuscle.

3. I think it is complete and utter bullshit that you or any of your friends are bodybuilders, you're obviously an obese guy who has some strange obsession with bodybuilding. Maybe you're one of those weirdos confined to a bed and need the fire service (depriving real people & children in real emergency situations), to lift you out of your window.

4. Moderators could close this account now and I wouldn't break a sweat.

5. Colsa, maybe you should stop thinking about you're fuckin self for a change and have a thought for other people. All your posts are me me me and I I I, the world does not revolve around Colsa or your lover surf-pratt, or all the other greedy people trying to loose weight.

6. Goddamn, you're definitely taking it too seriously if you got this far.

7. No need to go to college. Already have a degree in Biology thanks, and have done since I as 24. But you've been a looser for the full 40 years of your life.
    spammer
  • colsa
    Did i strike a nerve with the gay thing :lol:

6 Mr Olympia titles.....yes....1 per year... you thick tw@t, eat loads and train hard then start slimming down 1 month before comp day.

You are that thick, i thought if the whey protein came from scientists rather than me you might listen....obviously you are thicker than i thought :lol:

I hope the mods do ban your account...you are an ar*ehole.

Me me me ?, this is Wilderbeests thread, and all i have heard is you you you :lol:

Gaddamn ?, you're taking it far too seriously if you're still posting Pipkin :lol:

Is that realy your pic ?, nice shoulders and chest :lol: have you got aids ?

Haven ?, i know it well.

You must be about 8 stone :lol: were you picked on at school ?, did you try and bulk up in the gym but could not manage it ?, i got up to over 17 stone of pure muscle pipsqueek.

Hey pipsqueek, honestly, is that your pic....ROTFLMFAO.

Looser ?, errrmmmm , ah, you mean loser :lol:

This is one of my old gyms, ask them about proteins http://www.morganspowerhousegym.co.uk/

Hey, i might be in the lakes next month, fancy a pint :lol:

Look at his off season bodyweight and his on season bodyweight http://www.morganspowerhousegym.co.uk/exec///node=427

Pipsqueek......you are full of sh1t, you aint got a clue have you...ha ha ha ha ha
  • Pippen33
    HOW THE FU/CK ARE YOU GOING TO LOSE 2ST WHILST BUILDING IN 1 MONTH YOU THICK TW@T. Since when do my threads involve me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me.

As I've advised this is not a bodybuilding forum, this is mtb. And BTW FUCKE/R I'm an XC'er at 9.5st and 5% bodyfat which is athlete status, that is better than you could EVER achieve.

So as YOU have advised in previous posts, keep sitting in front of your PC at night and continue to eat your 'CHOCKY BISCUITS' (creep) cos I'd find it quite amusing if you choke on them.

Also I'd rather have a pint with family & friends than a waste of SPUNK like you, so don't even bother coming to the Lakes cos you'll get LAUGHED out of it you circus freak. Just a tip, leave the clown suit at Gateshead.

& also why would I waste my time asking a bunch Gym Candy poppers about amino acids when I have all the knowledge within.

Post a pic colsa if you've got the balls (again, leave the clown suit out of it)
    spammer
  • colsa
    I defo hit a nerve with the gay thing yeah :lol:

9.5 st :lol: If the wind speed in Haven gets over 7 mph do you have to stay indoors :lol:

Again, click on this link to my local gym and check out peoples on nd off season bodyweight http://www.morganspowerhousegym.co.uk/exec///node=427

I will be in the lakes next month, pm me your mobile number (if you have the balls) and i will ring you when im there and you can talk all tough to my face :lol:

Is that really your pic ?, smashing set of shoulders :lol: , and oh my, you must have to press 500grams to get a chest like that :lol:

Why would you want to ask a load of gym users ?, because obviously you have never been into a proper bodybuilding gym in your short sad life, and you're jealous , and you aint got a clue what you're talking about :lol:

I wont entertain you anymore Pipsqueek, pm me your number, and i will be in touch :wink:

Honestly, is that really your pic :lol::lol::lol: You have the body of a Greek god.

You're as thick as a thick thing that has just won 6 consecutive thickest of thick titles.

Waste of spunk ?, you seem to mention it alot, you obviously like it :lol:

Tell you what son, with a little effort, i recon i could find you easily, you have posted a hell of alot of personal info, pics, location, local bike shop, if i got my hands on you, you wouldnt be riding your bike for a very long time.

9.5 st.........ROTFLMFAO

PM me if you have a set, otherwise i will not respond to you in here anymore.

LMFAO
  • Surf-Matt
    Colsa - the photo says it all.

He's a skinny g****r streak of pi55.

Hence we find out why Pippen has an entire potato field on his shoulder - trying to give bodybuilding advice while maintaining the physique of a bamboo plant :lol::lol:

I used to weigh 9.5 stone but am 5'8" - WHEN I WAS 17 - you look over 6ft - go and eat some friggin PIES and leave weighlifting to the ones that can do it.

Now, being 5'8" I'm off to a US basketball forum to tell them how to slam dunk... :lol::lol:

5% bodyfat "athlete status" eh? No, that's called being VERY SKINNY. I'm on 8% but weigh 12 stone - V02 Max is that of a premiership footballer (apparently) because of cardio fitness, not because I'm dangerously underweight.

You have just completely rumbled yourself as an uptight fraud. Own goal. :lol:

Now, any more challenges you want to set? How about bench pressing a broom handle - we'll leave the brush head off as it's a bit heavy.
  • colsa
    Surf-Matt wrote:
    Colsa - the photo says it all.

He's a skinny g****r streak of pi55.

Hence we find out why Pippen has an entire potato field on his shoulder - trying to give bodybuilding advice while maintaining the physique of a bamboo plant :lol::lol:

Now, being 5'8" I'm off to a US basketball forum to tell them how to slam dunk... :lol::lol:

You have just completely rumbled yourself as an uptight fraud. Own goal. :lol:

Now, any more challenges you want to set? How about bench pressing a broom handle - we'll leave the brush head off as it's a bit heavy.

PMSL Matt, class post.

Maybe somebody should spot him if hes gonna try and chest press that broom handle :lol:

You could tie a couple of bits of string to him and use him as a kite :lol::lol::lol:
  • colsa
    Pippen33 wrote:
    And BTW FUCKE/R I'm an XD'er at 9.5st and 5% bodyfat which is athlete status, that is better than you could EVER achieve.

A XD'er ?......... :lol::lol::lol:

Hey if you are a cross dresser that is your business :lol::lol::lol:

A 9.5st XD'er, i bet all of the queens are jealous as hell :lol::lol::lol:
  • Surf-Matt
    Doesn't look like he needs to shave yet either - ideal for cross dressers :lol:

Oh and he wants you to post pics - so looks like your saddle sniffer assumption was correct.

Pippen - that's me in my avatar. You need a little bit of power to do that move. You'd get completely and utterly battered in such conditions.

However there is NO way I'm posting pics for someone like you on here. But if anyone fancies trying the ultimate press up, PM me and I'll show you the "Chinese Press Up" - very very difficult but kind of fun

:twisted:
  • colsa
    Hey pipsqueek :lol:

Click on the link to my local gym, check out the guys on and off season body weight, also, scroll down their stats and see what supplements they all use, everyone of them use WHEY................. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

http://www.morganspowerhousegym.co.uk/exec///node=427

I used to meet people like you every weekend, and they all used to end up on the floor with their jaw seperated.

Get a life son.
  • colsa
    Yeah Matt, no way am i posting pics, he will be jacking off over them for months :lol:

Right mate, im off to the gym, 50 mins on the cross trainer then a cpl hundred sit ups, im damn tempted to just pump myself full of deca , work through the pain, and start lifting again, dunno, wouldnt take long to get it back, muscle memory and all that.......hey pipkins, do you know what muscle memory is ? :lol:
This discussion has been closed.