Drying a bike?

Johnny Napalm
Johnny Napalm Posts: 1,458
edited June 2008 in MTB workshop & tech
How does everyone go about drying their bike after cleaning? I clean after every ride, and then try to dry it as much as possible & then lube...but I always find that I get small areas on the cassette and chainring where rust spots appear.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Marin
SS Inbred
Mongoose Teocali Super

Comments

• Sikora
    Sikora Posts: 519
    I dry as much as i can with a cloth, then "bounce" the bike up and down a little to remove water from areas i cant reach.
    Water displacing fluid (WD40) can be good at drawing water out of certain areas too. Just becare where you spray it.
  • BOYDIE
    BOYDIE Posts: 528
    Wash the bike as normal,then I bounce it to remove as much water as possible,I then flip the bike up so the front wheel is vertical in the air and let the water drain from the frame via the holes at the rear stays.I then take off my wheels and hand dry them using a bit of weldtight TF2 spray to remove any water from the cassette.

I spray the bike with muck off bike spray to displace water and add a nice shine to the frame,drying as I go with a cloth.I lube my chain and if its not to dirty Ill just run it through with a pre lubed cloth,or use a chain cleaning device.And to finish of ,a quick spray with disc brake cleaner on the discs and pads wiping of any excess.And a touch off TF2 here and there on any exposed moving parts.A drop of lube after every ride on your suspension seals also lifts out any crap and keeps them nice and smooth.

Once a month I slacken of my cables and lube the inners and outer cables,with tf2,also check the greased areas of your bike once and a while,under the headset etc.

Thats about it.