Lucky the Bulgarians Aren't Into Cycling

blazing_saddles
blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812
edited June 2008 in Pro race
.....and they say cycling lacks credibility, when it comes to doping. :shock:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/27062008/ ... -team.html
"Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.

Comments

• deal
    deal Posts: 857
    The 11 weightlifters -- eight men and three women - tested positive for the banned anabolic substance methandienon, the federation said.

I find this shocking, all of them on the same program = piss poor attempt at institutionalized doping. Surely the modern Olympian deserves/demands a personalized doping program :wink:

haha at the wee-wee censoring my comment
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    The Bulgarian authorities have probably decided to go hard at this in order to counter some EU criticism about corruption, false methods, etc..

I think it relatively insignificant compared to the fact that the Bulgarian authorities have also allowed the building of US Military bases in Bulgaria, potentially with the capability of storing nuclear warheads.
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    knedlicky wrote:
    The Bulgarian authorities have probably decided to go hard at this in order to counter some EU criticism about corruption, false methods, etc..

I think it relatively insignificant compared to the fact that the Bulgarian authorities have also allowed the building of US Military bases in Bulgaria, potentially with the capability of storing nuclear warheads.

I suppose you could argue any drug case would be insiginificant comapred to an issue such as that. But seeing as we are talking about dopingwithin top level sport here its not insignificant within these spheres.

cheers
    MG
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !