Not a good idea to punch a car that overtakes too close...

Small Fish
Small Fish Posts: 84
edited June 2008 in Commuting chat
So I am currently hiding... afraid to leave the house.

Flash guy in a flash Audi overtook me while i was overtaking a bus - only there was a car coming the other way so he nearly sideswiped me in order to avoid a head on crash.

that got my adrenaline going.javascript:emoticon(':evil:')

About a mile further up the road and very close to home I look over my shoulder as I'm about to pass a parked car and Mr Audi is behind me - and what does he do - exactly the same thing!! Overtakes when there's an oncoming car - only even closer this time so i punched his car door (that's how close he was).

Well, that was a mistake he went absolutely ballistic and drove at me shouting every swear word you can imagine. I managed to go up the inside of a queue of cars to the crossroads and get away.
I got home without him seeing where I live but he seems driving round in circles looking for me - been past the house 2 times already... hopefully he's got bored but now I'm going to be bricking it for the next few weeks in case he sees me around and recognises me.

Comments

• :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • cntl
    cntl Posts: 290
    Once I chased a car up and banged the windscreen with my fist.
    To my utter shock it broke into pieces (nice cobweb covering the driver view)
    I never though these things would break from a fist punch...
  • JoeSoap76
    JoeSoap76 Posts: 109
    cntl wrote:
    Once I chased a car up and banged the windscreen with my fist.
    To my utter shock it broke into pieces.
    Did you stand there for a few seconds with your mouth hanging open before legging it/apologising profusely...

or did you do the 'right' thing and act as though you'd meant to put your fist through his windscreen before casually cycling off (with your heart in your mouth)? :wink:
  • cntl
    cntl Posts: 290
    >>or did you do the 'right' thing and act as though you'd meant to put your fist through his windscreen before casually cycling off (with your heart in your mouth)?

No, I paid him something like £275 for the new one.

full story here:
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopi ... highlight=

EDIT: I think I paid £365
  • always_tyred
    always_tyred Posts: 4,965
    I learned a useful trick the other week - making a show of taking a picture on your phone.

Okay, so what are you going to do with it? Nothing, but they don't know that.

Yesterday, when driving, I was subject to some road rage from a blue van man. I'm overtaking on a 2 lane dual, he tail gates, then as I'm moving over, he undertakes. The speed limit chages from 50 to 70 and his asthmatic van was struggling. As I pass him (with other traffic) he squeezes me into the central reservation.

My passenger took a (flash) photo as we finally got past. Strangely, the driver dropped his speed by about 10 mph and desisted from trying to kill me. I sincerely hope he was bricking it.

A bit harder on the bike, admittedly, but possibly useful when you catch up at lights and so forth.

To the matter in hand - Mr. Audi is probably a stressed professional. He's not going to want an assault on his record. I would totally stand up to someone like that, call his bluff and, well, stay indoors and call the police if he's lost the plot that badly. I mean, christ, can his meeting that afternoon have gone THAT badly?