CAS announce on Landis on Monday

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited June 2008 in Pro race
http://www.velonews.com/article/78938/f ... ted-monday

How exciting.

Imagine they overturn it - It would be so bizarre because everyone is expected to recognise them as the ulitmate authority.

Most likely scenario is they adjust the ban til the end of July for expiry. Hard to believe it's nearly been 2 years.
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• sicrow
    sicrow Posts: 791
    I really hope they don't over turn it do do something else "soft" as the reaction will be negative and in lots of press that doesn't cover cycling

thats the last thing we want - more digs
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,147
    I can't see what Landis has to gain. No-one outside America will recognise him as the winner, even if ASO are forced to make it 'official'. He won't have cleared his name or regained his reputation in the minds of the fans. And if he's thinking of making a comeback, no decent team will hire him as the ASO will be sure to bar them from their races out of spite.

All he's done is lost all his money.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Perfect timing just before the start. With Rasmussen up in the dock next week as well, it's a great advert for the sport.

Landis has been badly advised. To borrow a turn of phrase, I'd like to ask his lawyers "what made you advise Floyd to take on expensive legal appeal"?
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Kléber wrote:
    I'd like to ask his lawyers "what made you advise Floyd to take on expensive legal appeal"?

Seems like an easy answers to that question, of course the lawyers would advise him to appeal, they are financially better off either way.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    Kléber wrote:
    Perfect timing just before the start. With Rasmussen up in the dock next week as well, it's a great advert for the sport.

Landis has been badly advised. To borrow a turn of phrase, I'd like to ask his lawyers "what made you advise Floyd to take on expensive legal appeal"?

I agree, but he started getting bad advice from those around him long ago. Hence the involvement now of the lawyers...
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • donrhummy
    donrhummy Posts: 2,329
    I hope they overturn it. It would give cycling back it's good name (no doping TDF victors), it would be following proper science (read all the evidence), and I think it would stop ASO/LNDD from trying the recent double-jeopardy crap they've been engaging in (see Iban Mayo).

Either way though, Floyd's career is probably over. Hey, maybe he could make a comeback in the Giro? (I'm sure now that UCI has nothing to do with the TDF, ASO/France won't let Floyd ride there even if he's found innocent)
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    I couldn't disagree more. Care to provide me with the evidence your refer to? From everything I've seen, he's as guilty as the proverbial puppy sitting next to a pile of poo.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,096
    It always amuses me when people can't distinguish between the ASO and the UCI.
    :roll:
  • z000m
    z000m Posts: 544
    i dont think floyd is a bad person i just think he seeks advise from all the wrong people.
    its such a shame his career has come to this, guilty or innocent i hope he does make a comeback.
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    His mate's phonecalls to LeMond were the final straw for me.

Out !
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    DaveyL wrote:
    I couldn't disagree more. Care to provide me with the evidence your refer to? From everything I've seen, he's as guilty as the proverbial puppy sitting next to a pile of poo.

Couldn't agree more. Caught as red-handed as anyone ever was, with the possible exception of Millar.
  • Titanium
    Titanium Posts: 2,056
    andy_wrx wrote:
    His mate's phonecalls to LeMond were the final straw for me.
    Know what you mean but this isn't a question of morality of the friends you keep. It's all about testing postitive for banned substances. Nice guys with pet dogs dope just as much as guys who think it will help their case if they harass you about child abuse.

But you get a picture of the man and the company he keeps. Found totally guilty and won't admit it. Friends don't tell him to apologise, attorneys tell him to appeal.

But the guy is suffering financially. He bought a house in Stockton that's gone waaay done in value, he's got bills to pay and so maybe he's just on an all or nothing thing. The CAS might be a long shot but he's lost it all already, from money to honor, so what is there left to lose?