Done my Leckhampton Hill project......finally!

jpembroke
jpembroke Posts: 2,569
edited June 2008 in MTB rides
This won't mean much to many people but thought i'd post anyway. Yesterday, after numerous attempts over the last few years, I finally managed my hill climb project on Leckhampton Hill: a clean ascent of Sandy Lane and the Goat Track to the top of the hill without any rests, forced footdowns, falls etc. Conditions were perfect i.e. dry, which made all the difference. I've done all the sections before but never without a little stop at the top of Sandy Lane before doing the steps at the bottom of the Goat Track, so very pleased.

So, there you go

:D
I'm only concerned with looking concerned

Comments

• dirtbiker100
    dirtbiker100 Posts: 1,997
    ooh another rider from the area. you sound a bit good on a bike but there was this thread you might have missed: http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/forums/vie ... t=12574358

in reply to your post, never really been up that route actually although a friend lives at that end of lecky hill so i'll see what he thinks of it ;). I normally go from daisybank carpark, up to the ruins and then round to the right of the hill and theres some tasty short climbs up there. I'll try and give this route a go next time i'm over there.

/edit reply from friend:
    Its not too bad cleaned it a quite a few times if it’s the one I think it is, have cleaned all the climbs up sandy lane come to think of it, now the one by the kilns, that’s a beast only cleaned that about a handful of times it’s a killer…..
    for him to say its not bad, that translates to a pretty decent effort for a normal human ha ha. very much doubt i could do it. sounds like you need to try the one next to the ruins/kilns next though :D
  • jpembroke
    As in straight up past the quarries? I would honestly pay to see someone ride that. It must be about 45 degrees. Bl**dy hell!
  • dirtbiker100
    If you look at those ruins at the crossroads of tracks, straight up from daisybank carpark - then there are i think 3 routes to the right. furthest right goes erm somewhere, middle is a nice track that brings you up on top after a short ride then there is the nasty thing that is about 45°. I've heard he's ridden it before and he's said it again so yeah i wouldn't be suprised in the least ha ha. won't see me going anywhere near it! see if we can get a short ride together around the hill some time.
  • jpembroke
    Yes, I know the routes you mean. The one on the left goes down to the Leckhampton Hill Road; the next one goes up to the top of the hill, as you say, along behind all the gardens and finishes in a stiff couple of climbs (those I can do without too much effort); and then there is indeed a 45 degree killer that I always assumed was beyond anyone outside of Olympic ability. I'm blown away that someone has cleaned that.

Yes, definitely up for meeting up for a ride sometime. I've been riding on Leckhampton Hill for about 8 years so hopefully can show you a few new trails.
  • I usually get up Leckie via the back of Lilleybrook but I have to push to get right to the top!

Be cool to see a bit more of it up there I do like it up there
  • dirtbiker100
    I usually get up Leckie via the back of Lilleybrook but I have to push to get right to the top!
    Sounds like sandy lane then as that goes up the back of the golf course. ever ridden up round to the right of the hill up from daisybank carpark?