Part exchange

iainment
iainment Posts: 992
edited June 2008 in The bottom bracket
Are there any bike shops that do px anymore? I want to get a Tri Cross and px my Sirrus but I can't find any shops that do this anymore.
Old hippies don't die, they just lie low until the laughter stops and their time comes round again.
Joseph Gallivan

Comments

• robbie7
    robbie7 Posts: 292
    depending on where you live SouthDowns Bikes in Storrington West Sussex do sometimes offer part exchange.

rob
  • ianinment

Sorry but don't know anything about px.

However, I have had a Tri Cross for a few months now & I am very pleased with it - I was a bit concerned about spending £1200 on a bike when I have not ridden a huge amount for years.

Now over 600 miles later, yes it is not the fastest bike on the road (60 miles averaged 16mph), but it covers the distance well enough & is very smooth. I particularly like being able to explore lanes, tracks & bridle paths without having to worry about it. Hopefully, when my fitness has improved, I will be able to try out some X-riding. Meanwhile I am enjoying exploring the lanes of Lincolnshire.

Good luck
    Ride On ...
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    Leisure Lakes (certainly the one near Preston on the A59) do part ex. They are a big outfit.

Some LBS (that sell 2nd hand) do - but they are increasingly rare.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • sicrow
    sicrow Posts: 791
    Most LBS now do not want to have items for PX becuase of ebay etc...... the last thing you want to do is get stuck with overpriced second hand bikes that you can get as a bargin on ebay
  • iainment
    iainment Posts: 992
    It's a pity that there is no 2nd hand trade in lbs's as it would encourage more peolpe onto bikes and get more people to trade up to better ones.
    C'est la vie I suppose. So one more in my stash of bikes to store that get little or no use - criminal really.
    Old hippies don't die, they just lie low until the laughter stops and their time comes round again.
    Joseph Gallivan