Cleat Position

KeithNMBC
KeithNMBC Posts: 46
Lately after I changed my cleats and shoes I find i'm getting a numb pain in the arch of my left foot between the ball and the heel, when I get up in the mornings it take said foot 5minutes to warm up and un-stiffen.

Is there any set rules about setting cleats up,l I have never had any issues before and this is new to me, should I just keep moving the problem cleat until it goes away?

Cheers
Want a club that knows the trails around Newcastle during the week and goes further every weekend of the month, rain hail sleet or shine?

www.newcastlemtb.org
www.midaircrisis.co.uk

Comments

• Big Red S
    Big Red S Posts: 26,890
    In general, your feet shouln't neccesarily be pointing straight. If you sit on something with your feet off the ground, and just let them hang, they'll be at approximately the correct angles.

As for fore/aft adjustment, the cleat should be at the widest part of your foot. IME, an achy arch is symptomatic of the cleat being too far back.

Do bear in mind that it can take only tiny adjustments to make a massive change.
  • KeithNMBC
    KeithNMBC Posts: 46
    Thanks Red
    Want a club that knows the trails around Newcastle during the week and goes further every weekend of the month, rain hail sleet or shine?

www.newcastlemtb.org
    www.midaircrisis.co.uk