which thermal type jacket for summer

firestarter4075
firestarter4075 Posts: 230
edited June 2008 in Road beginners
hi im after a sort of thermal type jacket to wear on rides where its a bit nippy and windy but i have a waterproof already and a winter jacket so something light, is there such a thing or will a longsleeve jersey be as good? cheers and sorry for the bone question lol

Comments

• Mog Uk
    Mog Uk Posts: 964
    Longsleeve jersey / arm warmers and a gillet should see you right.....
  • richa
    richa Posts: 1,631
    I go for...
    S/sleeve jersey
    Arm warmers
    Gilet

Very versitile. I can lower the armwarmers for ascents and then pull them up for the chilly descent down the other side...
    Rich
  • cheers chaps i actually have some warmers and a gillet but ive not worn them together (im new to this bear with me lol) seems quite a versitile combo really . i was after an all in one option but i guess the ease of swapping bits as it warms is ideal. now why didnt i think of that . cheers ;-)
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Some of the lightweight shell jackets, especially the ones with zip off arms, can come in very handy for 3 season riding. They can be packed up really small to fit easily into a rear pocket. Most are fairly water repellant, which is fine in warmer months. And they weigh next to nothing. For my money they are a very worthwhile item to have and you can layer under them in cooler or even cold weather. I don't ride much in the winter and I use my shell for running all winter(with a little layering).

Dennis Noward
  • Chris James
    Chris James Posts: 1,040
    All in one windproof in summer = hot!

I go the gilet / arm warmer route. Although in summer I probably wouldn't even bother with the arm warmers.