Beginer routes!!!!!!!!!!

gt3mad
gt3mad Posts: 19
edited June 2008 in Routes
Hi,

I have a Specialized Custom X Hard Tail, I lover to bits, but im bored of of riding back and forth to work and going to Afan Argoed.

I am quite fit and i love taking challeges. Can any one help me out,

Also I am willing to travel a fare distance to go to a desent place in England and Wales.

Cheers,

gt3mad

Comments

• sc999cs
    sc999cs Posts: 596
    Where do you live? Cannock Chase in the West Midlands is a nice ride.
    Steve C
  • A trail centre is a nice place to start - no map reading or route planning simply turn up and follow the waymarkers and everythings designed to be rideable.

Aye Cannock Chase is very nice for new riders but you say your fit so it may be a bit easy physically. Of the Trail centre stuff i've done LLandegla in wales is somewhere I take newbies - even first timers get on ok and it's a bit more of a work out than Cannock and more technical - but nothing scary - some raised northshore at the end but if your not comfortable then you can walk it.

Grizedale (South Lake District) has many options and trails with fireroad and single track that can be mnixed and matched with the North face trail which is good as the rougher north face trail is lots of small sections so you can pick and choose what you like and bail out if its a bit too tough currently.
    Though i'd avoid the North face if its really wet and your new - the northshore there is very slippery when wet.

Coed y Brenin has a number of trails - I seem to recall the MBR route isn't too difficult -there are a couple of rocky steps but they are few and far between and can be walked down.

Penmachno, Whinlatter, Marin Trail and stuff in Scotland id wait till you comfortable with those above first.

There are many others and the grading is Black>Red>Blue with the same designations as Skiing with Black being the hard stuff - so stick to Red and Blue.