mud avoidnace

Marjory Stewart BAxtor
edited June 2008 in Women
how do you do biking without getting muddy? Cos I'd like to go with my husband but he gets a bit black (well more than a bit)
Train hard, ride easy

Comments

• lunaeventer
    lunaeventer Posts: 420
    Getting muddy is half the fun!!!! 8)
  • djkmtb
    djkmtb Posts: 53
    Getting muddy is half the fun!!!! 8)

More like 90% of the fun. I look for the stuff when I ride.
    I had to do it.
  • oh no that's not right...
    Train hard, ride easy
  • djkmtb
    how do you do biking without getting muddy? Cos I'd like to go with my husband but he gets a bit black (well more than a bit)

My guess would be that you want to watch your husband, just not be involved with his specific style of riding.

Just a PO.
    I had to do it.
  • to be fair, I Think she'd prefer a day at a country house than a trail centre.... mad.
    Train hard, ride easy
  • djkmtb
    to be fair, I Think she'd prefer a day at a country house than a trail centre.... mad.

I can't imagine riding and not getting dirty.

Nope, I wouldn't like it. I wouldn't like it a bit.
    I had to do it.
  • BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    Crudcatchers will stop some of it, but you'll never be mud free if it's wet underfoot!
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs
  • lexiekay
    lexiekay Posts: 379
    getting muddy is fun anyway... and it comes off afterwards :D
  • Mrs Toast
    Mrs Toast Posts: 636
    I deliberately ride through muddy puddles, to make myself look more hardcore than I actually am... :lol:

I'd say that if you want to go biking, but don't want to get muddy, you either need to stick to road/fireroad cycling, or just go mountain biking in a dry country - which let's face it, is never going to be the UK!

The only way I can think of avoiding mud whilst mountain biking in the UK is to go to areas that have quite sandy soil and dry out quickly, and stick to summer riding. It's a bit limiting though... :/
  • SJ
    SJ Posts: 2,871
    Mud is what we live for!
    a dirtbag of the most delightful variety
  • Mud is great! More mucky puddles please :D

I encourage my nephew to ride through mud all the time when I go out with him - it doesn't impress his mother though when he comes back filthy :lol:
  • djkmtb
    But it does help with a wonderful and surprisingly beautiful shine.
    I had to do it.