Bike Rage

Comments

• always_tyred
    always_tyred Posts: 4,965
    I've been working in Glasgow.

You should have said that in the first place. Now I feel really sorry for you!! :lol:

Indeed. I tried to like it, I really did.
  • SamWise72
    SamWise72 Posts: 453
    I had a guy almost kill me early one morning. It was about 6:30 am, and I was on a training ride, in the rain, in the dark, planning to do 40 miles. I was on a chrome bike, with a high-vis vest, lights front and rear on the bike (two on the front), and also front and rear on the helmet. In short, very visible. I was coming into a small town, along a long straight road, and saw this guy in his driveway. I looked directly at him, so that my helmet lamp would really register, but as I came opposite his driveway, he pulled out with the tyres squeeling, straight at me. I locked up my rear, and had to bunny-hop onto the pavement to avoid being hit.

There are lights just up the road, so I absolutely booked it, and caught up with him at the lights. I showered some invective on him (along the lines of "you nearly ****ing killed me back there"), but he just stared straight ahead. So, I banged VERY loudly on his window, making him jump. He rolled the window down, and I repeated that he'd nearly killed me. His response? "Where?" I pointed out that he'd just this second left his driveway, so where else? His response was a juvenile "Soorrreeeeee, I didn't bloody see you!". I gestured at my outfit, all the lights etc, and told him in no uncertain terms how stupid you have to be to miss a brightly lit, reflective neon clad 6'3 17 stone man, then the lights changed, and he got out of there quickly. I know fine well that he was just staring much further up the road, looking for cars (which could be approaching fast), but I know now that he'll think carefully and look more often, if only to avoid confrontations with large angry people. His response was so offhand that I wanted to climb through his window and start eating the car interior!
    MiniLogo-1.jpg
    http://www.velochocolate.co.uk Special Treats for Lifestyle Cyclists

From FCN from 8 (road bike, beard, bag, work clothes) to 15 (on my Brompton)
  • Having done the equitable thing for so long with dumb-ass pedestrians (step out, why not. I am invulnerable. I brake hard. End up on the road. Ped looks up, moves on. Grr..) I had my moment of truth on the Grays Inn rd two years ago. Mum ( and colony of 5 kids) steps out 10 feet ahead. Cant brake safely. I sit up, clap my hands and shout 'I'm going to hit you now'.
    Duly did. Shoulder first. No damage, and a comfy landing on well upholstered mum.
    Apologies from her and her brood. And I made her promise she wont step out again without looking.
    Stupid should hurt. Or at least be humiliating.
    No chain.
  • Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    Last summer on my brand new gleaming Allez, just started riding again after 20 stupid years away. Quite residential roads on a Sunny afternoon I become aware of a car approaching me from behind. As I said I hadnt ridden in a long time and I was aware that I wasnt going all that quickly, so I moved to the left. He pulls up beside me and I realise that he is indicating to the left. STUPIDLY, I think to myself, of course he is going to leave me enough room, after all there is plenty of it. Im here we are both turning left and he has obviously seen me as he has approached me from behind. So (and here is where you will all roll your eyes) I carry on at the same speed on the same line, as he gets closer and closer (Yes I know now that here is where a slight squeeze on the brake prevents the following). Im thinking to myself that this isnt going to happen, Surely it CANT happen (yes I still have time to squeeze the brake but I dont, my faith in evolution tells me that he isnt going to drive into me). All of a sudden with no room left, I grab the front brake. Its too late, Im on the way down. Half way down I think to myself that my elbows can grow new skin, I can buy new gloves but by Criminey my bike isn’t getting scratched.

I lay the bike down as gently as I can and then I hit the deck, just behind the car. Who doesn’t stop and turns left. Now Im effing steaming, I run after him and he finally stops. 2 Men in the front and a woman in the back. Driver wont wind his window down, fat woman in the back does however and offers the advice that I should look where Im going. I try to ignore her as its obviously the driver I want and at that moment I really wanted to punch him as hard as I could in his face, repeatedly. I think he realised this and began to drive away. I dented the drivers door, the drivers side rear door and the rear wing with my right trainer, its not enough though, as he drives off, I aim one last kick at his rear bumper. As he drives away I realise that my bike is lying on the floor 30 metres behind me around a corner and that I need to retrieve it before some scumbag does, as Im walking back to my bike I realise that I may have broken my toe :roll: with that one last greedy kick. I wear clipless shoes now, which I note have an almost steel toe cap stiffness to them :wink:
  • Mystique
    Mystique Posts: 342
    Had an interesting one last weekend...

Out on a training ride, spinning along at a very enjoyable 20-25mph, when an old boy on a sit-up-and-beg bike turns out of a side road on the left without so much as a glance. I managed to JUST miss him.

He ended up behind me at the lights, but just as I turned around to politely point out his error (no, really...), out jumps WVM who had been following me and absolutely tore into the old fella "YOU STUPID GREY HAIRED OLD C**T!!! - YOU SHOULD BE F***ING PUT DOWN - YOU MAKE ME SICK!!"

WVM jumps back into the transit and drives off, leaving me to treat the old guy for shock.

I'll confess to feeling really bad for him, especially when he started on about giving up the bike after nearly 70 years in the saddle :(
  • Denny69
    Denny69 Posts: 206
    Had a guy shout abuse at me the other day in his convertible, didn't hear it as I was tonking along but I caught up to him at a set of lights...oh joy!! rolled up beside him and glared..he knew I was looking he eventually turned to me and I quietly told him (in front of a line of traffic and peds crossing the road) that "If I wanted to listen to an a$$hole I'd F&rt!!" at which point the light's were on green so I blew him a kiss!!!

Another occasion I had a Taxi pull out on me as I was about level with the back of the car he can't say he didn't see me as I made eye contact via the wing mirror, after I briefly vented my spleen he was off, bad move, I was seeing a lot of red...oh joy he's been caught at the lights...time for a little revenge me thinks!!! (Now this is not a course of action I would condone nor do I believe it to be clever but it felt good at the time) so I roll up beside the driver and proceed to take his drivers side wing mirror off with one blow!! "Well you don't F*****g use it anyway" as I left the lights he just sat there in total shock.....he might be a bit more courteous/careful next time!! :twisted:
    Heaven kicked me out and Hell was too afraid I'd take over!!!

Fighting back since 1975!!

Happy riding

Denny
  • Denny69
    edited June 2008
    iainment wrote:

You can't have it both ways, even if a motorist has caused a problem with their driving, even if it is breaking the road laws it does not justify retaliatory behaviour that is illegal in itself. So cyclists causing criminal damage to a vehicle, threatening drivers or causing obstruction on the road are no better than the obnoxious drivers they have been provoked by.
    2 wrongs don't make a right, and I suspect that in the majority of cases witnesses to these incidents don't always see the cause and just see psycho cyclists having a pop.

Pip pip.

:wink:

So next time someone nearly kills you by ridiculous driving you're just going to laugh it off!!!

Ooooookay...believe that...It's instinct...if someone cuts you up you're going to give either a hand signal or you'll say something either under your breath or a little louder to let the world know. Anyone who says other wise I wouldn't believe. I'll admit most of the time if it's just abuse I give a 2 fingered salute and smile or blow them a kiss but if someone damn near kills me by christ they'll know about it and I don't give a toss if I upset/scare them...think of how upset my Wife and 18 month old son would be if I was in hospital or worse!!!!

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction!!!

I'm not condoning damage to other peoples property just to make dumba$$ drivers aware that there is more than just them on the roads!

I am an assertive rider not aggressive, I will make my actions known long before I do them ie signal clearly etc...if some driver then takes the pi$$ and cuts me up because they can't be bothered to wait then they can suffer the consequences of upsetting a 6'2" 20st ex bouncer!!!!! :twisted:

Happy riding

Denny
  • robmanic1
    robmanic1 Posts: 2,150
    I think most of these responses are fair enough, heat of the moment and all that, I'm sure we're all reasonable people - we all ride bikes after all!

But the spitting thing.......na! Never, ever under any circumstances, I'd rather be punched in the face than spat on, lowest of the low!!! :evil:
    Pictures are better than words because some words are big and hard to understand.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34335188@N07/3336802663/
  • Denny69
    Robmanic1 wrote:
    I think most of these responses are fair enough, heat of the moment and all that, I'm sure we're all reasonable people - we all ride bikes after all!

But the spitting thing.......na! Never, ever under any circumstances, I'd rather be punched in the face than spat on, lowest of the low!!! :evil:

Got to agree with you Robmanic...it's dirty and if a cyclist, well anybody really, did it to me, then they would then have a 6'2" 20st problem with a real bad temper to deal with!!! :D

Contrary to what you've read in these posts and others like it I'm a calm person....it's just poor driving gets my back up when I'm in a vulnerable position ie on my bike. I'll do everything I can to MAKE drivers see me...if that means holding a car/van/lorry whatever up for a couple of seconds then so be it...if they toot their horn I know they've seen me, once I've done what's needed I pull back to the left and give a thankful wave for them waiting...it's just now and again you get the odd D1ck who tries to be the BIG man.

Happy riding

Denny
  • iainment
    iainment Posts: 992
    Denny69 wrote:
    iainment wrote:

You can't have it both ways, even if a motorist has caused a problem with their driving, even if it is breaking the road laws it does not justify retaliatory behaviour that is illegal in itself. So cyclists causing criminal damage to a vehicle, threatening drivers or causing obstruction on the road are no better than the obnoxious drivers they have been provoked by.
    2 wrongs don't make a right, and I suspect that in the majority of cases witnesses to these incidents don't always see the cause and just see psycho cyclists having a pop.

Pip pip.

So next time someone nearly kills you by ridiculous driving you're just going to laugh it off!!!

Ooooookay...believe that...It's instinct...if someone cuts you up you're going to give either a hand signal or you'll say something either under your breath or a little louder to let the world know. Anyone who says other wise I wouldn't believe. I'll admit most of the time if it's just abuse I give a 2 fingered salute and smile or blow them a kiss but if someone damn near kills me by christ they'll know about it and I don't give a toss if I upset/scare them...think of how upset my Wife and 18 month old son would be if I was in hospital or worse!!!!

I'm not condoning damage to other peoples property just to make dumba$$ drivers aware that there is more than just them on the roads!

I am an assertive rider not aggressive, I will make my actions known long before I do them ie signal clearly etc...if some driver then takes the pi$$ and cuts me up because they can't be bothered to wait then they can suffer the consequences of upsetting a 6'2" 20st ex bouncer!!!!! :twisted:

You don't know the difference between assertion and aggression, you're no different to that which upsets you. You're a bully.
    If you don't condone criminal damage why do it?, unless of course you have anger management issues.
    Old hippies don't die, they just lie low until the laughter stops and their time comes round again.
    Joseph Gallivan
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    We know that they might try to run us over afterwards.

I tend to disagree with your statement that there are people who "try to run us over".
    Speaking for myself, if I wanted to run over a cyclist all I would have to do is point the
    car at him and run him over. It would be very easy. Anyone who wanted to could do it.
    I say this because while there are plenty of people out there who come way to close,
    some who may throw things, others who yell and scream, a "few" who make rude
    gestures, and even some who may stop and want to fight, I don't believe that there
    is anyone out there that, literally, wants to run over you and your bike with his/her car.
    Well, he/she may want to but even a complete idiot somehow has enough brain power
    to know better. I have a friend who says "he tried to hit me" every once in a while and
    all I can think is "well, it was a pretty p#ss poor attempt if that's what he was trying".

Dennis Noward
  • robmanic1
    ian, I would love to join you on your high ground, but I know there are circumstances that bring out the worst in me and a great deal of the folks on here by the sounds. If you can honestly say that you would never take an aggressive stance against anyone who intends to cause you or yours harm then you are indeed, a better man than I.
    Pictures are better than words because some words are big and hard to understand.

• iainment
    Robmanic1 wrote:
    ian, I would love to join you on your high ground, but I know there are circumstances that bring out the worst in me and a great deal of the folks on here by the sounds. If you can honestly say that you would never take an aggressive stance against anyone who intends to cause you or yours harm then you are indeed, a better man than I.

Why thank you kindly, no not better just calmer and more placid is all.
    Old hippies don't die, they just lie low until the laughter stops and their time comes round again.
    Joseph Gallivan
  • robmanic1
    Why thank you kindly, no not better just calmer and more placid is all.[/quote]

hat is duley doffed

If only everyone else was! :wink:

• Cunobelin
    Cunobelin Posts: 11,792
    4x4 in the ASL near Gunwharf Quays in Portsmouth driven by a middle aged peroxide blonde.

Look at car, look at owner, look at ASL

"This is for bikes only - that is a 4x4 - are you the bike?"
    <b><i>He that buys land buys many stones.
    He that buys flesh buys many bones.
    He that buys eggs buys many shells,
    But he that buys good beer buys nothing else.</b></i>
    (Unattributed Trad.)
  • Denny69
    iainment wrote:
    Denny69 wrote:
    iainment wrote:

Pip pip.

You don't know the difference between assertion and aggression, you're no different to that which upsets you. You're a bully.
    If you don't condone criminal damage why do it?, unless of course you have anger management issues.

Really? you can really tell this and you haven't even met me...wow :shock: ! after being bullied all the way through school I hardly think I am!!!!!!! I won't take sh1t and I fight fire with fire....get aggressive with me I'll be aggressive back simple really, I'm well aware that 2 wrongs don't make a right but when it's my life that people could be playing with I think I'm entitled to get a little bit hacked off......or do you think I should just count to 10 and leave the fact that someone could've made my wife a widow and my son fatherless (worst case scenario).

I also said it wasn't big and it wasn't clever to damage peoples vehicles...I didn't feel BIG or CLEVER about it, it was heat of the moment, if that Taxi driver decided to get the police involved then whatever happened to me was my own fault and I would take whatever punishment was coming...did it happen?....no because the Taxi driver knew he was in the wrong and he knew what could've happened.

But hey you think it's completely acceptable for drivers of vehicles to play with cyclists lives and we should just take it on the chin....stiff upper lip and all that. I've reported drivers in the past for this kind of thing...it falls on deaf ears I'm afraid...So I handle it myself.

Yes it is illegal to retaliate, but so are a lot of things....did you know it's illegal to be drunk in a pub!!! but I bet you still probably do it!!!! :D

I haven't got anger management issues at all, I've got idiots trying to injure me or worse issues, like I've said in another post in this thread I'm a calm person, if you acknowledge I'm there ie waiting just that little bit longer I wave and give a nod/thumbs up in appreciation.....All some drivers need to do is think a bit more, give a bit more room on overtaking and be a little bit more patient.

I drive buses for a living so really I can't afford to be "a bully" and have "anger management issues" as I would've killed someone by now and the fact that I passed a psyche test before employment speaks for itself...it's not compulsory just the company I work for does it and we get regular random tests of which I've passed twice in 18 months....so that's 3 psyche tests in 18 months that I've passed!!!!

We could go around in circles with this Iainment but why don't we just agree that you've got your methods and I've got mine and we both have opinions on how each others are right/wrong. :wink:

An example of me being assertive.....on my commute the main road I go along goes under a rail bridge and swings to the right, there is a junction that is basically straight on but you still have to indicate left to "go straight on" as it were....what I do on approach is look over my right shoulder...nothing coming good signal right, move into middle of lane and hold position until I'm clear of the junction where I move back to the left and continue.

I do this because not so long ago a cyclist was put in intensive care by a car driver who decided to go straight on and hit the cyclist sending him 20ft across the road...all because the driver didn't think "Hold on he could be going round to the right and I'm wanting to turn left I'll hang back and see what pans out" fortunately the cyclist involved and made a full recovery but it could have been a lot worse. Now I don't see how you can call that bullying! I call it making sure I get home to my family in one piece!!! And I know what you're thinking.."why didn't the other cyclist make his intentions known?" well why didn't the car driver think?

I'll leave it at that...I've said my bit and defended my, sometimes questionable, actions and I believe I've made a case. If you still think I'm "a bully" and don't know the difference between aggression and assertion then it's a free country you're entitled to your opinion and I respect that......just respect my opinion too.

Happy riding

Denny
  • st68
    st68 Posts: 219
    some boy racer overtook me to fast on a t junction braked too late to turn in front of me lost it & poked his fiesta into a fence so i turned round rode past him called him a prat loudly as he was getting out to check the damage out he looked gutted :oops: priceless :lol:
    cheesy quaver
  • iainment
    Denny69 wrote:
    iainment wrote:
    Denny69 wrote:
    iainment wrote:

Pip pip.

Really? you can really tell this and you haven't even met me...wow :shock: ! after being bullied all the way through school I hardly think I am!!!!!!! I won't take sh1t and I fight fire with fire....get aggressive with me I'll be aggressive back simple really, I'm well aware that 2 wrongs don't make a right but when it's my life that people could be playing with I think I'm entitled to get a little bit hacked off......or do you think I should just count to 10 and leave the fact that someone could've made my wife a widow and my son fatherless (worst case scenario).

I also said it wasn't big and it wasn't clever to damage peoples vehicles...I didn't feel BIG or CLEVER about it, it was heat of the moment, if that Taxi driver decided to get the police involved then whatever happened to me was my own fault and I would take whatever punishment was coming...did it happen?....no because the Taxi driver knew he was in the wrong and he knew what could've happened.

But hey you think it's completely acceptable for drivers of vehicles to play with cyclists lives and we should just take it on the chin....stiff upper lip and all that. I've reported drivers in the past for this kind of thing...it falls on deaf ears I'm afraid...So I handle it myself.

Yes it is illegal to retaliate, but so are a lot of things....did you know it's illegal to be drunk in a pub!!! but I bet you still probably do it!!!! :D

I haven't got anger management issues at all, I've got idiots trying to injure me or worse issues, like I've said in another post in this thread I'm a calm person, if you acknowledge I'm there ie waiting just that little bit longer I wave and give a nod/thumbs up in appreciation.....All some drivers need to do is think a bit more, give a bit more room on overtaking and be a little bit more patient.

I drive buses for a living so really I can't afford to be "a bully" and have "anger management issues" as I would've killed someone by now and the fact that I passed a psyche test before employment speaks for itself...it's not compulsory just the company I work for does it and we get regular random tests of which I've passed twice in 18 months....so that's 3 psyche tests in 18 months that I've passed!!!!

We could go around in circles with this Iainment but why don't we just agree that you've got your methods and I've got mine and we both have opinions on how each others are right/wrong. :wink:

An example of me being assertive.....on my commute the main road I go along goes under a rail bridge and swings to the right, there is a junction that is basically straight on but you still have to indicate left to "go straight on" as it were....what I do on approach is look over my right shoulder...nothing coming good signal right, move into middle of lane and hold position until I'm clear of the junction where I move back to the left and continue.

I do this because not so long ago a cyclist was put in intensive care by a car driver who decided to go straight on and hit the cyclist sending him 20ft across the road...all because the driver didn't think "Hold on he could be going round to the right and I'm wanting to turn left I'll hang back and see what pans out" fortunately the cyclist involved and made a full recovery but it could have been a lot worse. Now I don't see how you can call that bullying! I call it making sure I get home to my family in one piece!!! And I know what you're thinking.."why didn't the other cyclist make his intentions known?" well why didn't the car driver think?

I'll leave it at that...I've said my bit and defended my, sometimes questionable, actions and I believe I've made a case. If you still think I'm "a bully" and don't know the difference between aggression and assertion then it's a free country you're entitled to your opinion and I respect that......just respect my opinion too.

No I haven't met you, and yes I judge you on what you say on here. What you've said leads me to my opinion which hasn't changed.
    Joseph Gallivan
  • Denny69
    edited June 2008
    Well then you've just managed to put millions of psychiatrists out of a job!!! Being able to diagnose and judge a condition on someone you haven't even met.....wow I'm impressed!!!! :roll: :lol:

And what you've said has led my to my opinion...see I can be small minded and pompous too!!!! :D

Happy riding

Denny
  • Denny69
    st68 wrote:
    some boy racer overtook me to fast on a t junction braked too late to turn in front of me lost it & poked his fiesta into a fence so i turned round rode past him called him a prat loudly as he was getting out to check the damage out he looked gutted :oops: priceless :lol:

Tell ya what ....I'd pay good money to see that....he deserved it :D

Happy riding

Denny
  • bishbish
    bishbish Posts: 22
    posted this on the old forum but its still funny
    i got cut up ( about 70 and 6") spat at mackdonalds coke the works, on a local A road.
    Due to bank hol traffic and a tail wind I caught them in a jam at a busy small town junction.
    dropped bike and without swearing punched driver very hard in side of head.
    it was a 2 door xr31 chav mobile so the two scratters in the back could not get out. window went up so i tried to get pasenger out through sunroof by his hair lol. if they had some time to think or get out they could have filled me in.
    managed to get pasengers head in fist range broke sun roof as it was trying to close. then i saw a copper walking over and stopped going nuts and went over to him.
    as i told him what had happened chvs drove off he then said "i think i will have a chat with them , got in his car put lights on and went after them. i normally chicken out of confrontations but just lost it . this was five years ago but still leaves a warm glow.
    one fist is worth a thousand words
  • iainment
    Denny69 wrote:
    Well then you've just managed to put millions of psychiatrists out of a job!!! Being able to diagnose and judge a condition on someone you haven't even met.....wow I'm impressed!!!! :roll: :lol:

And what you've said has led my to my opinion...see I can be small minded and pompous too!!!! :D

I don't think diagnosis is the correct term for my opinion.
    There's many people I haven't met who I have an opinion about - as do you - and I don't move from my opinion of you because of what you chose to write about yourself.

:twisted:
    Joseph Gallivan
  • robmanic1
    Denny + Iain, shake hands and make up, or it's the naughty corner for the both of you! :roll:

• iainment
    Robmanic1 wrote:
    Denny + Iain, shake hands and make up, or it's the naughty corner for the both of you! :roll:

It's where I live!

:oops:
    Joseph Gallivan
  • Parsnip49
    Parsnip49 Posts: 205
    I really cant get my head around people who turn the other cheek - if im on my bike and someone nearly hits me, im going to lose it - someone has nearly killed you - get a grip...

Happened the other day, guy driving what i guess was his wife to work im cycling along the bus lane, there is traffic in the other lane guy pulls through traffic and clips me, i keep it upright, turn round and catch him in the car park.

His window is down, and i start screaming, i think i may have called him a "f***ing blind c**t" more than once - you'd be amazed how sheepish anyone gets when they are in the wrong and suspect that that screaming lycra clad nutter may drag them out of the car and administer a kicking. A lot of denial on his part ("that guy flashed me to pull out") , which was met with more screaming of abuse. To end it all, i pulled out my camera phone, took a point blank photo of him and one of his numberplate - left him with a final few choice words in my best glaswegian and carried on my way.

What im getting at here, I felt amazing when i got home - no road rash/ trips to A&E and the adrenaline was going. He felt like shit, and probably will for a few days - not to mention the fear that i might show the photos to the police. Im calm in my day to day life, if someone has nearly just hit me with their car, im going to make sure they know all about it.

Immature - Yes
    Aggressive - Yes
    Justified - Hell Yes
    Would i do it again - Yuh-huh
  • Denny69
    edited June 2008
    Ianment let me clarify....there are many forms of bullying verbal (name calling) as well as physical (knocking 7 bells out of someone) to name a couple. As I have not provoked you directly and you have come back judged me and called me "a Bully" is this not classed as bullying!!

Bullying by definition is an act(s) verbal, physical and emotional which causes distress to the recipient.

As I'm sure you're aware by the replies I have given you may have caused me a little distress, not that I've lost any sleep, just a little bit aggrieved. Therefore your actions have led me to the conclusion that YOU are the bully here!!! And the fact you have no remorse is the classic trait of a bully.

Sorry to bring you down from your "holier than thou" pedestal and proving to you that the sun really doesn't shine out of your ar$e, but if you look back at the posts you'll see exactly what I mean. Not once (before you had the audacity to judge me) have I made an adverse comment towards you or called you anything, the actions of a bully?....I think not!

Now I know you'll come back with some example from my posts to try and make me out to be the villain, but let me spell it out for you.....They are reactions to being bullied on the road as a vulnerable road user, my life had been placed in danger!!! you know looking after number one...standing up for myself...not rolling over and getting my belly tickled...deal with it!

Just in case you think I'm lying try reading this:- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullying

Also :- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullying#Cyberbullying

You have been judged. Now....tell me I'm wrong...the evidence is in your post for all to see......Do me a favour though..next time you wish to judge and call someone do your research.........Fancy the Jeremy Kyle show?. :twisted:

Happy riding

Denny
  • Denny69
    Parsnip49 wrote:
    I really cant get my head around people who turn the other cheek - if im on my bike and someone nearly hits me, im going to lose it - someone has nearly killed you - get a grip...

Happened the other day, guy driving what i guess was his wife to work im cycling along the bus lane, there is traffic in the other lane guy pulls through traffic and clips me, i keep it upright, turn round and catch him in the car park.

His window is down, and i start screaming, i think i may have called him a "f***ing blind c**t" more than once - you'd be amazed how sheepish anyone gets when they are in the wrong and suspect that that screaming lycra clad nutter may drag them out of the car and administer a kicking. A lot of denial on his part ("that guy flashed me to pull out") , which was met with more screaming of abuse. To end it all, i pulled out my camera phone, took a point blank photo of him and one of his numberplate - left him with a final few choice words in my best glaswegian and carried on my way.

What im getting at here, I felt amazing when i got home - no road rash/ trips to A&E and the adrenaline was going. He felt like shoot, and probably will for a few days - not to mention the fear that i might show the photos to the police. Im calm in my day to day life, if someone has nearly just hit me with their car, im going to make sure they know all about it.

Immature - Yes
    Aggressive - Yes
    Justified - Hell Yes
    Would i do it again - Yuh-huh

Watch it you may be branded!!! I'm with you all the way

Happy riding

Denny
  • Denny69
    bishbish wrote:
    posted this on the old forum but its still funny
    i got cut up ( about 70 and 6") spat at mackdonalds coke the works, on a local A road.
    Due to bank hol traffic and a tail wind I caught them in a jam at a busy small town junction.
    dropped bike and without swearing punched driver very hard in side of head.
    it was a 2 door xr31 chav mobile so the two scratters in the back could not get out. window went up so i tried to get pasenger out through sunroof by his hair lol. if they had some time to think or get out they could have filled me in.
    managed to get pasengers head in fist range broke sun roof as it was trying to close. then i saw a copper walking over and stopped going nuts and went over to him.
    as i told him what had happened chvs drove off he then said "i think i will have a chat with them , got in his car put lights on and went after them. i normally chicken out of confrontations but just lost it . this was five years ago but still leaves a warm glow.

REEEEEESPECT my man...good on ya! :wink:

Happy riding

Denny
  • Eat My Dust
    Eat My Dust Posts: 3,965
    I understand losing it when someone does something dangerous/stupid, BUT keep in mind that they are in a huge heavy piece of metal. No matter how big or "hard" you are you're never going to beat up a car. There are a few posts here that could have ended up differently if the drivers had been of different mindsets. Denny/bishbash, I know lots of people who would have probably just run you over if you had reacted on the way you said you had. Also keep in mind if you are physically attacking a driver and you get seriously hurt or killed by them running you over, there's probably a big chance they are going to get away with it I'm afraid. That's just the way it is!
  • iainment
    edited June 2008
    Denny69 wrote:
    Ianment let me clarify....there are many forms of bullying verbal (name calling) as well as physical (knocking 7 bells out of someone) to name a couple. As I have not provoked you directly and you have come back judged me and called me "a Bully" is this not classed as bullying!!

Bullying by definition is an act(s) verbal, physical and emotional which causes distress to the recipient.

As I'm sure you're aware by the replies I have given you may have caused me a little distress, not that I've lost any sleep, just a little bit aggrieved. Therefore your actions have led me to the conclusion that YOU are the bully here!!! And the fact you have no remorse is the classic trait of a bully.

Sorry to bring you down from your "holier than thou" pedestal and proving to you that the sun really doesn't shine out of your ar$e, but if you look back at the posts you'll see exactly what I mean. Not once (before you had the audacity to judge me) have I made an adverse comment towards you or called you anything, the actions of a bully?....I think not!

Now I know you'll come back with some example from my posts to try and make me out to be the villain, but let me spell it out for you.....They are reactions to being bullied on the road as a vulnerable road user, my life had been placed in danger!!! you know looking after number one...standing up for myself...not rolling over and getting my belly tickled...deal with it!

Just in case you think I'm lying try reading this:- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullying

Also :- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullying#Cyberbullying

You have been judged. Now....tell me I'm wrong...the evidence is in your post for all to see......Do me a favour though..next time you wish to judge and call someone do your research.........Fancy the Jeremy Kyle show?. :twisted:

You don't have much insight do you?

I am an assertive rider not aggressive, I will make my actions known long before I do them ie signal clearly etc...if some driver then takes the pi$$ and cuts me up because they can't be bothered to wait then they can suffer the consequences of upsetting a 6'2" 20st ex bouncer!!!!! An earlier quote from Denny69

If you verbally assault someone, threaten physical violence and criminal damage what is it apart from bullying?
    Joseph Gallivan